Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Anyone else feel sick at night...ugh

I will pretty much feel fine all day...then comes night..about 3 days a week i think i have a sv.. i have to a zofran..and i have some acid reflux..like tonight fine all day..and then i went shopping , driving back home i started to feel sick to my stomach..and thought i was really going to v*..but nothing. Came home tried to eat, and just couldnt.......I just wouldn't think its a virus..thats the first time ai have left in a week because my son has been so sick..and my daughter has been out of school for over a week.

Default Re: Anyone else feel sick at night...ugh

I always get anxious at night therefore I make myself feel sick. My worst fear is waking up in the night & v*ing. I have really bad acid reflux & I always take something like Pepcid AC, Gaviscon, or Maalox before I go to bed & it usually helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Night time is worse for me too, especially when it is time to go to bed, but also just in the evening in general. In the day I'm usually at work where I'm not allowed to panic, I have a little boy whose future depends on me (I help out an autistic boy in school). All of my attention is focused on following the class, remembering the instructions so that I can repeat them to him when he forgets, watch what he's doing, judge how frustrated he is, figure out if he really can't do the assignment or if he just doesn't want to, rephrase things so that he can understand them, ect. Then in the evening I'm sitting on the couch watching TV, or laying on my belly reading a book. It takes much less of my attention to do that than work does, so I notice more things about my body.

Evening defiantly are worse than the day for me too.

Yes, evenings suck! I think it's because I am no loner busy and night is when most people seem to get sick. It was fine all day, but now I feel icky.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

I feel sick alot at night i think it's in my head though. I feel lonely at night like the world is sleeping and if something bad happens i will be all alone. Sounds dumb but it freaks me out.

yes definatley bad for me. i always seem to feel sick and i get a bit of acid reflux. i have to sleep with the tv on. it was so hard when i didnt have a tele in my room but i must say it helps me get to sleep and takes my mind off it. but i hate waking up in the middle of the night. thats hard. i go straight into panic mode. i think i have an sv all the time but for some reason i think at night is when im gonna v*. its recelty been extremely hard during the day and i feel the same as i do at night because i had an sv last weekend and end reslut was v* quite a few times, but this happened during the day, so now no time is safe for me! but night is always the worste
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Nighttime used to be the worst for me. Hypnosis tracks helped me a lot, and now it's not a problem. If that isn't your thing, perhaps music or another distraction will help?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

Nights have always been worse for me

During the day I can be perfectly fine in regards to my anxiety, my habits still remain however. There's so many distractions throughout the day.

But at night, there's nothing I can find to distract me, I can watch a film, but it always niggles at me. I've always associated nighttime with v*. I always have to sleep in my 'safe' time. It's completely f**ked up my sleeping pattern. I knock myself out on ginger and domperidone just to help me sleep.

* Sorry, double post.

My jaw literally dropped when I saw the name for this forum...I didn't know that so many people shared feeling more ill at night...
    Even though I'm a night owl, I still feel the worst in the evening...it was always when my panic attacks would get their absolute worst. I can't count all the times I would be down here at one in the morning (on the weekend, of course), my stomach would suddenly lurch, and I would have to go bolting up the stairs to my room.

For me it's the opposite now - MORNINGS are my worst time. When my anxieties and phobia started it was night time. I'd sit in the bathroom, sometimes for HOURS every night convinced I was going to be sick. Never was, but that didn't seem to drill in.

Now It's always first thing in the morning. Usually around 10-11 at the latest. Doesn't matter what I eat or if I don't. (Although, chugging coffee w/o breakfast is a guarantee that I'll have a bit of a freak out.)

I'm fine at night! I even sleep at my boyfriend's house most nights, and only had 1 night where I camped in the bathroom for a while - but it wasn't just me. (We had gone to the movies and for ONCE i let him get butter on the popcorn. We BOTH got sick! And I found out the next day a girl I worked with took her kids there, and they were up sick all night, too!)
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

I used to feel sick every night i would complain to my parents and they would say i was either "stressed" or "growing'' Focus on calming thoguhts

Quote Originally Posted by Natiebear View Post
    I feel sick alot at night i think it's in my head though. I feel lonely at night like the world is sleeping and if something bad happens i will be all alone. Sounds dumb but it freaks me out.
    Same here!!

Im scared to get sick at night because i wont have the comfort of having someone to be right next to me. And theres something about light and fresh air that makes me feel better when im super n*

Im always amazed to how much we can relate to one another.

love the relief you get when you wake up in the morning knowing you made it through the night
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.