Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Did you throw up in 2010?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 28.57%
  • No

55 71.43%
  • Not sure

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Did you throw up in 2010?

Did we all have a happy old year?
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Did you throw up in 2010?

Blimey this years gone quick, it doesn't seem 5 minutes since the last annual gumdropper poll!

Pleased to say, the answer is a NO!!

Haha, even I wasn't willing to post an answer in this poll until 2011 officially got here.

Doug,

Many many times, but at least every last one was due to Crohn's. No sv or fp for me!

Yeah, now that it is officially 2011 and therefore it is now a fact whether we did or did not "get sick" in 2010, I am not as afraid to reply as I used to be...answer NO!!!!

nope, and I pray i stay that way

Yes, twice. Once due to pain medication from the emergency room....and once about 5 days ago. Haha. Neither from fp* or sv*.
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog:

Nope. Glad to say this whole year I have felt terrible in many ways but v* was never one of them.

Awwww. Sorry you felt terrible in 2010.

Nope, did not throw up in 2010! It was 365 consecutive spew-free days!

David

Ah crap Doug, I voted yes but I meant to vote NO. You and your butterfly ballot! Thankfully 2010 was V* free for me.

No for me but an absolutely horrid year

No thank god, & I didn`t even have any true nausea even, though I did take the odd mttilium if I felt slightly off-colour, just to be on the safe side.

I did, but that was alcohol related and the experience is kinda fuzzy.

Twice in one day in the spring while working at camp. I had to spend the day in the wellness centre, it was some crazy 24hr bug. Then amost again at the end of the summer from stress....and my stupid drinking. (there had been an extremely overwhelming sickness sweeping over the camp for 3 days strait and I needed to relax at the big year end party, it was a bad idea.)

No, thankfully! With Crohn's Disease it is hard to resist the urge at times.

You have Crohn's? Me too! Sucks doesn't it! I was only diagnosed this year, so most of my v'ing was before I got treated.

It's nice to know that there's a fellow Crohnie who is also phobic. I thought I was the only one. My friend and at work has Crohn's Disease as well; however, she is not phobic and she doesn't seem to get a lot of nausea. I'm envious!

I have Crohns Disease also. I was diagnosed in 2006 and have had all sorts of issues every since. I am nauseous quite a bit but thankfully it hasnt yet made me v*. But, no I didnt v* in 2010.

In a way it has made my emet a lot better, firstly I v'ed every day for over a week, so it got like 'oh here we go again' rather than panicking. Secondly the n feels very different to an sv, I can choose when and where I'm going to v (my phobia is about control). I thought being in hospital had desensitised me to others v'ing too, but I guess not!

I'm thankful to have new friends with several things in common. It's not a fun thing that's for sure. My brother also has Crohn's, but luckily, he isn't emetophobic.

2010 was actually the first year I had thrown up in for a while, it was because of pills though because I have IBS so I guess one of the new pills my doctor gave me didnt mix good with the others. I think IBS is almost the same as Crohns.

I ALMOST did. My whole family contracted the sv*, and I had it first. I was very dry-heave like, but because I didn't eat all day, and I'm pretty good at fighting it, I managed to stay v*-free all 2010. I'm pretty psyched. I hope this year is just as healthy and lucky.

No thankfully but I almost did though Yep same here ^^ dry heaving URGH! x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

IBS is not the same as Crohn's. IBS is a functional problem, your bowels don't work quite right. With Crohn's your body is attacking your own digestive system, making it inflamed (like eczema but inside). They require very different treatments.

Oh i had some stuff that was inflammed in my body too.
    -тσяι

What was inflamed? Did they do a colonoscopy or something? And why diagnose you with IBS if you have inflammation? (IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion, meaning there is no other possible explanation for your symptoms). Sorry if that's a lot of questions and I'm being nosey, but I know a lot of people who were wrongly diagnosed!

No, I didn't get sick in 2010.

No ...but I did in 2011...it was last night...

What happened Taylor? x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog