Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: stressed

i feel like verybody around me is getting sick....................

if i hear one more time that so and so is vomiting i may freak

i mean i hear that people are getting other things like colds flu, but i know of three or four people who have had the stomach virus its driving me up a wallfound out a friend of mine was watching a kid who was puking the day i hung out with her, this friend has a cold now but its stressing me out

I hate winter for this same reason. I know two people at my work
    who were sick this week. It sucks! And I think about it
    often as well. I try to be careful about washing my hands while
    I'm there, and NEVER touch my face. But sometimes it would be
    better if the sick people never even told me. Worrying about it
    makes my anxiety worse. So I know how you feel. It can make
    you feel like you are going insane! But you will get through this
    winter just fine. Whenever someone says something to me about
    them being sick, I change the topic and try not to think about
    it. Rememeber..hand soap, hand soap, hand soap!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Carrie

I feel the same way. I am getting to the point where I don't want to leave my house, and I NEVER used to be like that. My best friend came over yesterday and she works in a hospital, but has no patient contact. She told me that a few people have been coming in with stomach bugs, and when she left, I bleached every room she was in. I'm losing it man!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awwww, I know how you feel!!! A few years back I felt that way when I had afewfriends that were sick on the same day, and they didn't even know each other!

I called one friend to talk to her, and she said she was sick v'ing....I wanted to talk to someone else to get my mind off of it, andthe other friend was sick!!! And then another one!!! AUGHHH!!! I remember thinking...."I know I am next, I just know I am!!" But never did I wind up sick at all, for years after that!!!

The worst part of the deal was, I was too afraid to hang around those friends for a long time!! Even though I knew (rationally) that they weren't contageous anymore after a day or 2; but I didn't care...I would wait weeks!!!! Emet thinking I guess![img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]Just hang in there!!

Charlotte

My boyfriend was sick almost two weeks ago now, and I'm still worried! My Mom's doctor told her that the virus itself doesn't even live for three days on surfaces, and I would have caught it within a day or two because I live with my boyfriend in a smaller house. Whenever I hear about the stomach virus going around, I obsess over it for quite some time. It's insane!

I can truly relate to the obsessing part!! Today...*GRAPHIC*------

My husband stopped at a kwik shop to get gas, and I waited in the car...and as I looked around, I noticed what looked like a broken down or abandoned car parked by a bank of snow....and on the snow was a TON of V!!!!!!! ICK!!!! I obsessed over it for a long time! I question "why did that personget sick?", "why is that car there with nobody in it?" and so on....[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Man I hate this fear!!!! Charlotte