Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Two Things That Help Prevent Cold/Flu

I have been struggling with Emetophobia for a very long time and I want to share with you two things that you guys may not know about to prevent colds and the flu.

1. Cold FX. This stuff is awesome. I have just started taking this recently. It's scientifically proven that taking Cold FX when symptoms first appear either prevent you from getting sick or lessen the side effects. My husband actually took some when he had a sore throat and the next day he was fine!! It's a bit expensive but it really does work and it's natural.

2. Open your windows. I just found out this year that the reason people get so sick so often in the winter is not because of the temperature change but because we're breathing in stale air filled with germs. It makes complete sense!! I now open my windows once a day and let the bad air out and the fresh air in. It's so cold in the winter that people don't usually do this but in the summer they do which is the reason people don't get so sick in the summer! I wish I had known this years ago.

Anyways...thought I'd share those two things and Happy New Year everyone

Default Re: Two Things That Help Prevent Cold/Flu

Cold FX really does work. Jamieson Flu Shield works too - pretty much same thing as Cold FX, I think

OOh thats interesting! x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I go to school in the morning I always leave my bedroom window open. I like my room nice and cool too, it's good to have a cooler room as opposed to a warm, stuffy one. I get colds but I never get the flu and I haven't had a stomach flu since I was three!

Cold FX is great. My mom refuses to buy it but when I'm staying with my aunt, I take some if I feel like I'm getting something and then the next day I wake up and I'm fine. There's also this other stuff I have that my mom's friend (who's a doctor,) gave to us, it has some really weird name but it really works... plus it tastes like candy If I find the name I'll let you guys know, just in case lol. It's quite expensive but worth it and it lasts a long time too.... it works when you're sick, too. I recently had a WICKED cold and I took some of this stuff and bam, next morning, almost fully recovered.

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Hmm I dont think you can buy Cold FX here in the UK

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog

That stinks. I wonder if you can buy it online. I'm not too sure. I know they are saying that lots of athletes are buying this to prevent getting sick. My family just had a really nasty flu and unfortunately I did not take it in time. I follow a VERY strict diet called the BRAT diet when I have the flu for at least 24 hours after. Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast. I fully believe that this diet helps get rid of the flu however my husband does not My poor son was fed chinese food the night after having the flu by my husband and what do you know he V*** at school today after I thought it was gone. My huband is now on board by this diet but I'm very upset that he didn't believe me!! I also believe in replacing toothbrushes after an illness. Those things are not cleaned properly by kids in the first place and some germs can live on there for 15 days after you've become better. My husband has yet to do that either. I've not had this flu for awhile but I'm petrified I'll get it again.

And I'd love to know the name of the other one that you are taking. Coldfx does not last long as the doses are very high to begin with and then get less and less for the next three days so one bottle does not last long.

The main ingrediant is Coldfx is American Ginseng. If you can find the American Ginseng it might have the same effect.

Yeah I read that after you have had a cold its a good idea to replace your toothbrush! x

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog

Talking Re: Two Things That Help Prevent Cold/Flu

I rely on lots of homemade onion and garlic soup! And just onions and garlic in general - and chillies. Not sure if my boyfriend is fan of such methods but it keeps colds at bay

I did hear about garlic helping with preventing illness. I'll have to remember that. I heard onions are good for earaches too. You stick the heart of the onion in the ear that's causing you problems for the evening and it gets rid of it. I found out recently that fennel is good for gas. I had horrible gas pains after and I ate some fennel and it went away in 5 minutes. It tastes like black licorice too so it's not too unpleasant.

http://www.oscillo.com/
    It's homeopathic and it works great! Have a sore throat today, took some, feel way better!

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

My bf bought me cold fx !! Cause he knows how worried I get and was trying to make me feel better but my mom won't let me take it !!

Unless you're under 12 years old or under you should be able to take it. It's all natural and many people take 1 per day all winter and have reported that they are not getting sick. Some also take it only when flu/cold symptoms appear and have found that it lessens the severity of the sickness or gets rid of it completely. All ingrediants are natural the main ingrediant being North American Ginseng. Maybe calmy explain that to your mom or find some articles on Google that support your case. It's an immunity booster and it's safe to take.