Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default both kids are sick.

our 2 year old got S the other morning but we brushed it off because she was fine later. then this morning our 7 year old woke up at 6am running to the bathroom crying. yes it's the dreadful stomach flu that we have avoided for 2 years now. my wife is on her way to the doctor with her because she is very dehydrated. i swear i felt soo bad for her this morning, ive never seen anyone in my life V that hard & violently. this is one nasty and viscous virus that is going around. everyone i know has it or had it recently. it only lasts a day or two but it comes on very suddenly.

im trying not to freak out but im pretty sure my wife and i will get it as it seems to spread quickly. this is for sure the norovirus. i HATE winter and sickness in general. i swear this flu is the most useless virus known to man. why make a kid or adult suffer like that? they need to find a cure or a vaccine.

funny thing is my wife was in the er last night for a hurt back and while we were waiting she told me to grab a bunch of latex gloves for home in case. i guess it was a good idea to take them as we needed them this morning. talk about a coincidence.

Default Re: both kids are sick.

the worse part is were not even sure how they got it as they were fine all x-mas and new years and no one we were around was sick at all.

How is she doing now? That is the worst my 6 year old gets it so bad we have to go to the ER and get iv's every time she gets it and she v* for a week. My 4 year old will v* once and is fine in 2 hours so it's differant in everyone. Just clean with bleach and wash you hands and you will be ok.

I am so sorry, it is traumatizing isn't it? My twelve year old had it a couple days ago, and this time he only vomited three times, but in between he was so miserable and nauseous that I was near tears and would have given anything to switch places with him. I think being nauseous is worse than pain. It is so awful to see your baby suffer. I hope she's better now.
    JANNA

all 4 of us have it now. i was up all night and soo was my wife. the kids are feeling a bit better today. thank god i just got anti-nausea drugs last night in case. this is the first time we all have it at the same time. i hear it's short lived but man does this spread quick.

Were you freaking out? How did it start? Was it as bad as everyones been saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Natiebear View Post
    Were you freaking out? How did it start? Was it as bad as everyones been saying?

no i wasn't freaking out, i knew we would get it. my wife has been up V all night but i just had bad stomach pains, N and lots of D. hopefully it will be gone for us by tomorrow.

it does seems to spread fast and come on suddenly.

Did taking the anti nausea meds keep you from v* you think? I need an R to keep at home...I am so sorry you guys are all sick. So sorry. Miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    Did taking the anti nausea meds keep you from v* you think? I need an R to keep at home...I am so sorry you guys are all sick. So sorry. Miserable.

yes i think the phenagrin does wonders. i gave some to my daughter too and shes feeling alot better. im just worried i really didn't have what they had because i only had the bad D and N. is it possible for me to not get all the symptoms they did?

My son had phenergen about 6 months ago when he got the sv. I wonder if I have it somewhere?

I do think the sv can be both d* and v*. If you took something to suppress the v*, it could just present as d*. I am so sorry but hopefully ti runs its course quickly. You are very brave to post about it and seem so calm.

not really brave, inside i hate this and am freaking out. im a slight bit better and so is my one daughter. my wife and the baby on the other hand are not today. i hope by tomorrow we are all better.

Definately possible to get a sv* and not v*, just n* and d*. Things like noro are known for a high percentage of people showing v* as a symptom, but even that isn't 100%, and it's one of the worst since it specifically hide in the upper GI moreso then lower (based on what I've read). But yea, if you supress the urge to v* it'll go the other way. You're body is just trying to rid itself of something bad for it, so it'll take whatever path is available.

Once the sv* is cleared out the inflammation (gastroenteritis) is what will make you continue to feel bad for a while. Some folks will recover from that piece faster then others, but stress, over doing it, and trying to put food back in too soon can reaggravate it and make it seem like the sv* has relapsed. Once the itial bout is over you just have to nurse your system back to balance, starting small and letting it build back up, otherwise your body can't digest what you put in it.

Hope you all feel better soon. At least once it's over you can feel better knowing you bested that strain.

Are you sure its not food poisioning ? Just for you all to get it so quickly seems more like FP.

Hope you are all better soon

Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    Are you sure its not food poisioning ? Just for you all to get it so quickly seems more like FP.

Hope you are all better soon

that's what we at first thought too but i think it was noro. it spreads very quickly. we found out shortly before x-mas my mother in law had it and we were all over there for x-mas day. i think the baby caught it and then spread it to us. you know babies, everything goes into the mouth. we are in the process of just bleaching the whole house down so nobody that comes over will get this.

the same thing happened to my wife's aunts & cousins over new years. they went on a trip and all came down with it at the same time. good news is, it only lasts about 24-36hrs.

both kids are doing good today. one went back to school, while the other still is slow at eating today. same with me as i never did V but my D is still there with lots of weird stomach noises. i am trying to eat what i can because i have to go back to work tomorrow. i do feel better though, everytime i get the SV i always just get N & D for 4-5 days. my wife is also much better today im glad to report. i think the virus just upsets my gerd & ibs symptoms as well.

im glad it's over and i hope we stay healthy.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better now x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.