Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New Member

Default New Member

I'd just like to say how happy I am that I'm not alone. Although I am sad that so many other people feel the way I do, it's relieving to know there is someone who understands.
    I've been living with this fear for what seems like forever. I'm 18 years old, and can't remember a time when I haven't been so afraid of being nauseous or v*ing. But now I'm noticing how debilitating it has become. I've started college, and I feel like I'm missing out. I don't go to parties because I'm afraid of drunk people throwing up near me or even in the same house as me. Also, I've never drank in my life because I'm afraid if I have one drink, it will make me sick.
    That's not even the worst fear. The one that really tears me up is the fact that as of now, I will never have kids. Not like I want them now, but someday, I will be way to afraid of morning sickness, or getting sick from the pain of labor, to even consider trying to have a kid. And even if i adopt, there's still the fact that I wouldn't be able to care for my child when they are sick. That would be terrible
    Anyway, I know this is long. But I just needed to finally let it all out, I feel a lot better now that I finally have.

Default Re: New Member

it sucks doesnt it. i was so scared to drink. everyone always wondered why i never would. dont know what im gonna do for my 21st!! but college is great. once you get used to the lifestyle and atmosphere, it wont be so bad. sure there will be times when the odd person could be sick, but cross that bridge when you come to it! having a child someday scares me to death as well. i wont know how to handle it to the point where i would just skip that stage of my life altogether, so im with ya on that one!! welcome to the forum
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Default Re: New Member

Welcome to the site TR! You'll find lots of help and support here as well as great information. Check out the "Information and Research" section or click on the link to my website below - it's the same. And don't lose heart about having kids and a "normal" life. There is good treatment for this phobia and you can one day be completely anxiety-free as many others are!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.