Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default raising v threshold

I have just thought of something before I log off, I been wondering recently if it`s pssible to raise my v threshold, making me less likely to do it in the future, as I`ve just read on another website that people`s v threshold increases with age.

Default Re: raising v threshold

I hope it's true. I always thought it was the other way around. When you age, you get more diseases, your body is worn out, and fighting things is harder. I know a lot of older people who suffer stomach ulcers, intestinal issues, and diseases that unfortunately cause a lot of nausea.

When my brother was younger he was sick basically every month (well thats what it felt like,) whether it was the flu, a cold or an sv* and he almost never v*s now, he hasn't v*d from being sick in about three years now. I hope its true lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

I think it's a combination of built up immunity to bugs, better hygeine, and better control that means you're less likely to v as you get older.

Yeah it's weird because I'll be honest my brother and I didn't used to have the best hygiene and we still never really got sick, me especially. Now I'm constantly washing my hands but still lol. Yeah I get colds all the time, not really flu's, but colds yes unfortunately -__-

*I mean my brother doesn't have the best hygiene... he's a bachelor... -_- lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

^^ over-washing can actually weaken your immune system too and make you just as prone to getting sick as someone with really terrible hygiene. As well as things like avoiding sick people...I mean, the next time you do encounter them it will be like the common cold feels like an awful flu. I know this from experience.

& back to the original question...I think that if you're physically sick enough then you're going to vomit no matter what. You may be able to train yourself to feel less nauseated over certain things though...like that fear factor host (I forgot his name).

Quote Originally Posted by Leo StarGazer View Post
    ^^ over-washing can actually weaken your immune system too and make you just as prone to getting sick as someone with really terrible hygiene. As well as things like avoiding sick people...I mean, the next time you do encounter them it will be like the common cold feels like an awful flu. I know this from experience.

& back to the original question...I think that if you're physically sick enough then you're going to vomit no matter what. You may be able to train yourself to feel less nauseated over certain things though...like that fear factor host (I forgot his name).
    Joe Rogan. I HATED that show!!!

Ew I remember when he ate something nasty just to demonstrate that it was 'easy' (yeah, right...). Anyway, enough about that...ugh.

Well over-washing seems to work for me since *knock on wood* I haven't been sick in 10 years lol

I do wonder if resisting vting does raise my threshhold. I`ve heard the expression " use it or lose it", I wonder if this applies to vting?