Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Just Got Back From Holidays...

**POSSIBLY A BIT GRAPHIC**

So I was really nervous about going on holidays with my family and my best friend. I wasn't sure whether she got carsick, and we were going to be driving over 14 hours over two days. I was going to pull out and call her and tell her I couldn't go or something, because I was terrified she was going to vomit in the car, and despite my anxiety, i was fine in the car, and my fears were never realised, and I'm so glad I didn't pull out.

We went to Port Macquarie in northern NSW, Australia. We stayed in an apartment about a two minute walk from the beach, and did a jet boat ride, as well as a barbecue cruise with my family, even though I was anxious that one of them was going to get seasick. I even caught a fish, and no-one got sick at all, even though they were all drinking a lot. My younger cousins were all eating ridiculous amounts of lollies and junk, and they never got sick. One of them kept saying she had a stomach ache and even ran to the bathroom at one point, but she didn't vomit and I'd had nothing to worry about. The only time I truly panicked was on New Years Day. We were staying on the third floor, and there was someone vomiting over their balcony on the sixth floor. I was sitting in the living room of the apartment and saw the vomit. It was gross, and I was really angry that they'd do that. Even my non-emet mother was furious because there was vomit on the floor on the balcony. I was really panicky for the rest of the day, but I didn't let it stop me doing anything, and I went to a koala park that day.

If I'd have pulled out, I'd have missed out on a great holiday and all for no reason. I'm SO glad I went! I got back today though, and I wish I could have spent another few days away.

Just thought I'd share because I'm pretty proud of myself

Default Re: Just Got Back From Holidays...

I'm glad you had a great time, sometimes pushing yourself is well worth it! Though I'd have been furious about the vomit over the balcony! At least you didn't let it spoil your day.

That is disgusting! I would have been horrified, I'm glad you had a good time though
    Susie

congrats on pushing yourself to go on this trip.....it sounds like loads of fun.........next time you have anxiety about doing something....remember how well this trip went.......sounds like you're on a good road

have a great 2011!
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.