Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Oh God, this might be it

I went to my brother and sister in law's house for our big family Christmas party today. Felt fine all day, just a bit stuffed from eating all the great food. Then on the way home we stopped to get a few things at Target. I didn't feel well in the store and felt a little better when we left. I was fine when we got home. I cleaned up some of my son's toys to make room for all the new ones he got. Then I made him some mac and cheese for dinner. He didn't finish it so I ate it. I took two bites and literally instantly got nauseated. Then stomach pain. Very bad upper stomach pain. Ugghhhh. I don't know. Now I'm lying in bed. I haven't felt like this in a long time. It's really bad.
    I haven't eaten in hours other than those few bites of mac and cheese so it's not like it could just be that I'm stuffed still.
    I feel like this could be it. My record being broken. But then again, it's been so long, I don't remember what it feels like before. (that's also my biggest fear is that I won't know it's coming and not make it to the bathroom)
    ugh sorry. This is just very painful and scary.

Default Re: Oh God, this might be it

How are you feeling now? It could just be indigestion, pain, eating too much rich food over the last couple of days...it really isn't necessarily going to happen. Try not to dwell on the bathroom issue. Perhaps you have a bin or something to hand in an emergency. But I don't think it is going to happen at all, honestly xxx

Ughhh not good. I fell asleep for a bit thinking I would feel better but I don't. The n* and pain actually woke me up. TMI sorry: I went to the bathroom and just sat on the toilet thinking I was going to have d* but didn't really. I had cramps that felt like d* cramps though. Then the n* again. At one point I grabbed the trash can thinking I was going to v* but didn't. Of course that sent me into a full blown panic attack. Then I wasn't sure if what I was feeling was the n* for real or if it was just the panic. I was sweating, heart was racing dizzy etc. Now I'm in bed again. Hoping the next wave of n* doesn't come.
    My husband feels fine but I'm curious if everyone else does too. If it was something we ate, a sv or maybe even something I'm allergic to. My sister is allergic to bananas and feels like this for a week even if she eats one bite. All I know is I feel lousy.

Could you be sensitive to lactose or gluten or something in the macaroni in cheese?

the upper pain sounds like indegestion to me. and i feel very nauseated when i get indegestion and it lasts for a long time. the dizziness, sweating and racing heart beat sounds like anxiety. this may or may not be it but are you due for your period soon? if your having bad cramps that feels like you need to use the toilet but nothing comes out it could be period pain. how long has the n* lasted now?
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Well I'm glad to report I'm fine. I don't know WHAT was wrong but it was bad. It wasn't indigestion, it wasn't my normal IBS. My Mom thinks it was my gall bladder but the pain I had was lower and wasn't as intense as what I understand gall bladder attacks to be. I really do think I ate something bad. Or I'm allergic to something. It's weird. My sister in law developed an allergy to shrimp. She gets really sick if she eats it. I've noticed feeling yucky a few times after eating shrimp. I did eat some Sunday. I wonder if I've developed sone kind of allergy also. I do feel better. Still not quite back to normal but definitely better.
    Thanks everyone!

Shrimp is a food that is easy to go bad it might not have been fresh.

I'm glad you're feeling better! xo

Glad to hear you are feeling better A couple of months ago was really really worrying and upsetting for me. I woke up in the middle of the night && felt really hot, *s and dizzy. . .I started to retch at this point I was screaming for my mum to come in my room. At that point I was just so scared thinking this is it, here we go. I just wanted to die at that point rather than go through it. I kept retching, it was just awful. I went outside && eventually I felt better but I was just too scared to go back to sleep! But luckily I didn't v* x