Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Im New Here

Default Im New Here

Hello Everyone

I just joined today, so im a little nervous about being here. Im 16 years old and I feel as though I have suffered with emetophobia all my life. Tbh im not even sure what to say. . . My CAMHS worker recommended to me that I go on an online emetophobia forum to help with the phobia. It seriously creates a struggle for me each day it is partly to do with my disordered eating. Im not even planning on drinking ever in my life due to the fact that the fear of v* is far too much. Its certainly nice to know that I am not the only one suffering with this phobia because I certainly feel alone with it! I hope being on here helps me to understand the phobia more and ways of trying to help myself managing it. Thank You

Midnight Dream

Default Re: Im New Here

Hello and welcome to the forum! I am in the UK too. I find the forum a great source of support, and I hope that you do, too. Some people find that it can make them worry more about v*ng, at times, so if you find that happening, don't be afraid to take a break from it

Drinking alcohol in excess is an unhealthy thing anyway and it's good not to do it. When you are 18, you might find you want to have a drink now and then; drinking moderately won't make you v*.

It can be difficult to get enough to eat with this phobia, but remember that food poisoning is very rare if food is handled correctly. If you don't like feeling too full, eating small meals/snacks throughout the day may be better for you, for now. xxx

welcome to the forum......i've found tons of help and comfort here......you are not alone....this is a great place for finding ways to deal with your emet........and seems there's always someone here to listen if you need it......
    enjoy
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm in the UK too and 16 years old! If you don't mind me asking, where about are you? I am similar with my eating habits and never drink even when my friends are. I actually have a couple of friends that go to CAMHS for eating disorders too. I hope you find comfort here, it is so great knowing that you are not alone
    Susie

Hello

Thank you all for making me feel welcome. I have to admit it is rather hard at the moment being on here, as I never like to think about *v because it makes me anxiety get really bad! Just now I had a vision of myself *v but I think its because this is a very new thing for me even to talk about my Emet so soon enough hopefully it will become more normal to talk about Thank you all Suzie I am around the south east of the UK, how about you? Yeah it's so difficult, I mean my fear is so bad that I cant even drink juice at college, I am only safe with water! Thank you for making me feel welcome

I found it very hard to open up about it when I joined here at first too, cause I had only told my mum about it, so it was a very unusual thing to start suddenly being able to talk about it. But it is very helpful in stressful times! I'm in London, so yeah, South East
    Susie

Woo go South East Yeah its just so strange talking about it. . . I mean tbh its an extremely difficult subject :S
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog