Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Would you rather v* or have your child(ren) v*?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Self

8 53.33%
  • Child

4 26.67%
  • Other (neither is not an option.)

3 20.00%
    HeatherC Guest

Default For the parents.

Would you rather v* or have your child(ren) v*?

No judgement!! Just the honest truth.

Default Re: For the parents.

This is a tough one! I'm petrified of doing it myself. I don't have any children yet, but I work as preschool teacher (3 and 4-year-olds) and all of my friends have kids. I think it's the lack of predictability with the kid throwing up. If it's me, I know when it's coming...so I can get to a bathroom. They don't. It just...happens. If it WERE my child, though...I think I'd still rather be the one getting sick. Not just because of the predictability thing...but bc I would probably feel worse for them than they felt. It really scares kids and I wouldn't want my kid to go thru that if they didn't have to... Very confusing decision, though! Good poll!
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HeatherC Guest

It IS a tough one! I was thinking about it earlier because part of me would want to have it myself because I would have more control over it and I also wouldn't want my baby to be sick. On the other hand, he had a sv* once and didn't seem to be phased by it at all. He wasn't scared, it was like it was no big deal. So, I know that it is selfish, but sometimes I think I would rather have him v* than have myself v*.

I HATE this phobia.

I would hate to have to deal with a vting child, I would most likely get someone else to deal with it.

kb212 Guest

I said self, because for one, I'm pretty sure if my kids were sick, I'd end up with it too, so better to just start with me where I know I can control where i v* as to avoid exposing my kiddos.

Neither!
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

i said myself bc at least i know when its coming and can get to the bathroom or at the least a trashcan

The way I look at it, I sit anxiously waiting and waiting and waiting to see if my kid will v* again, with myself, I know if I'm feeling better and will be done. The anxiety of not knowing if someone is going to get s* or not is worse for me.