Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy I dont know what to do!

Hi, Im Tori and Im 16 i was diagnosed with something called IBS , Im ALWAYS n** and i dont know what to do. Since im always n** I dont like to go to resturants or really anywhere where there are lots of people because im scared to v**. Whenever i went somewhere i would sit in the bathroom for hours to make sure if i did v** that i didnt do it in public. Its been like this for about 2 years now and its so hard! especially because my mom just doesnt seem to get it at all! She says "Ive had phobias all you have to do is say Im not going to be scared" Ive said that over and over before and im sure many of you have to and it does nothing. She think shes knows it all and we'll end up in screaming matches, she tells me I dont want to get better because i dont listen to her, but she has no clue at all what Im going through, this is so hard for me, everyday to just wake up and wish someone doesnt beg me to go out to eat or something. Ive had emetophobia ever since I was little but it mostly only affacted me when I got sick or someone else did, I use to go out to resturants and everywhere, and I want to do that and eat without being scared of V**! I need to over come emetophobia but for now what should I do!?! HELP!

Default Re: I dont know what to do!

have you tried taking charcoal pills after eating fast food or resturant food? my husband and i often bring charcoal tablets with us if we go out to eat because they help absorb grease and any other nasties that make us want to toss our cookies. I completly abstain from alcohol because of my fear of getting a hangover.

my husband isnt emetophobic but he does react the same as I do whenever he has to expell, he understands my situation but gets upset that i get so stressed about it to where I can't let the idea out of my head. "oh god i cant believe i just v**mitted" or pacing back and forth crying because I am afraid that I will...

I'm in the same boat, I'm not sure how exactly one recoveres from this phobia, as it is a natural instinct to fear expulsion... but I am new to this site and have yet to read about people's success stories.

I wish you the best!

Thank you so much! I have actually never heard of charcoal tablets I think I need to get them, theyll probably help alot ! Welcome to the site ! This site has helped me so much it has lots of great information and help ! I wish you the best too!
    -тσяι

Thanks

I think they sell charcoal tablets at any pharmacy, but I got mine from a holistic store. good luck! I hope they'll help you!

welcome :P

okayy thanks !
    -тσяι