Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

for the longest time i have been thinking that im the only one in the world who had this problem. im going to be 18 years old tomarrow and it really stresses me out. because of this phobia i've had to drop out of school and i've become a homebody i dont go anywhere i dont like doing anything i suffer from social anxiety and im supposed to take the GED test this comming weekend and i dont know if ill be able to focus on the test w/ all of my anxiety. i want to be able to be a functioning member of society and i dont know how to get to the point where im not so focused on all of my problems. i've been suffering through this phobia for over a year now. im open to any suggestions anyone has for me. thank you for your time.

Your not the only one!!! when I was in school I had the
    hardest time, but I did get through it. Do what you
    can to take that test and get out of the house. I am not sure
    the extent of your phobia. You should talk to someone about it
    and maybe find therapy. I have a bit of social
    anxiety also. I get real nervous when I have to talk to people,
    I have just tried little things everyday to get over it.
    Just saying a simple "hello" to strangers has helped me a lot.
    Don't give up and don't think that you can't get over
    this, we are all here to work on it together!!!

Take care

Hi Dewds1! Welcome the the site. hehe. Its nice feeling you arent along right? ^-^. Hmm..I've had emet since i was about 4-5 and ihaveSocial Anxietytoo. Eh, Good luck on your GED test. I know its easier said than done, but try to relax.Well since the test is this weekend try to do something thatcalms you in the meantime. i think people taking test should relax before it. I know you'll be fine, wellGood luck![Gosh i'm terrible at advice, i'm sorry.]
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I chose to drop out of high school for two reasons. The first one was because my place burnt down, and the other was my emet. I needed to get better and focus on myself.

Take charge. You can always get your high school diploma later. Instead, focus on getting all the information you can about this very common phobia and available treatment options. Sage has a wealth of information and she was cured of her emet.

You are in a new school sweety, the school of getting better.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>