Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Are you better, worse, or the same?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm much better!

11 37.93%
  • I'm worse

10 34.48%
  • I'm pretty much the same as I've always been

5 17.24%
  • Not sure - hard to tell

3 10.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Are You Getting Better or Worse?

Now that I'm fully recovered, little things happen that "test" me, things that would have sent me into an emetophobic tail spin and full-blown panic attack, now are a non-issue. So that got me to thinking, I wonder how everyone else is doing.

Are you getting better?
    Are you getting worse?
    or
    Are you pretty much the same?
    or
    Are you unsure because it's difficult to tell?

Thanks in advance for your participation.

Default Re: Are You Getting Better or Worse?

If you're better, what did you do to get better?

I voted for being worse x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Self admittedly, worse.

In general I'm doing MUCH better..but I still stuggle with the odd day of worry and panic. I guess I just realise there's no point in fighting something you can't really control and life is just too precious to waste.

I'd say I'm the same but worse during the winter and totally fine during the warmer months. My emet shifts with the season.

Better. I'm taking it day by day, and using logic to convince myself that my lifestyle is not conducive to being sick often. I also remind myself that my body does not WANT to v*, and that it uses that as a last resort when I really need it.
    "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." ~Pablo Picasso

Same really...

Sometimes I think I'm worse. But sometimes things happen and really make me realise how much better I've been getting

I'm doing far better. I just made up my mind that this phobia isn't going to control my life, and I took steps to keep it from doing so. Hypnotherapy was the single most effective thing for me, however I also did small amounts of self exposure and such. I'm ok seeing it on tv and movies now, don't get worried when I'm not feeling well, etc. The only thing left that may bother me is seeing/hearing somebody get sick in real life, which I haven't experienced since my therapy. So who knows?

You may find these links helpful!

slightly worse at the moment due to noro season.

It depends on the time of year. I remember when there was the bird flu scare, I almost had a panic attack when someone burped! It doesn't worry me now that the pandemic drama has passed, but if it were to return I think it would get quite bad again. Unless someone mentions feeling sick, I'm usually ok.