Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ug, darn

I ate two small bites of a porkchop tonight, and then looked down at the third bite and realized it was slightly undercooked. I'm not panicking, or even terribly worried, but Id sleep better if someone told me I am gonna be ok :P

I've eaten undercooked chicken before, and lived to tell about it, but of course, I'm still slightly paranoid about this pork.

I'd take an antiemetic, but I can't be bothered. I wonder if that means my phobia is going away....

Awww, you will be fine! It is rare, that rare (no pun, lol)pork will make you sick. It has to first be contaminated with disease. I have done that many times, and I have NEVER in my life, had food poisoning.

You will be fine. Next time, just stick the pork chop in the microwave, and nuke it for about a minute until it is done. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Charlotte

Kate,

Just imagine eating meals with your future ems workers. I would grab the pork chop and start cpr on it.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

Hi Kate,

I have experienced that before and I will be honest with you. A pork Chop is not at all like Steak. It is like chicken. Pork must be cooked thoroughly and if not could possible make you sick. It should never be read and if pinkish I would definitely avoid it. Although, some meat (dark meat) has tendancy to look undercooked, when its actually not. Be more careful with your pork next time and DONT WORRY. You didnt eat enough to make you sick AT ALL. You will be just fine