I'm glad the worst seems to be over with! My OH was sick twice in 2009 and this may seem a bit OTT/unecessary to some but it helped my anxiety so much and meant i wasn't very worried about catching it and felt safe in my own home and wasn't panicking all night, so for me it was worth it and he didn't mind either - Once he'd been sick, he went and sat on the settee while i cleaned the entire bathroom with bleach, it's small and tiled so literally the whole room bar the ceiling got done including the bottles of bubble bath etc, then I ran him a bath and he would get in without touching anything and i took his clothes as he got undressed then put them straight in the washer on a hot wash.

Then while he was in the bath i then went round the rest of the house bleaching or dettol spraying down surfaces such as light switches, remote controls, door handles, keys etc then when i'd done he'd get out of the bath, brush his teeth, use mouthwash, brush teeth again with a new toothbrush and that was that...Luckily he only vomited once on each occasion, I think if he'd been at it all day I'd have gone out, waited until he'd finished then come home and done what I did re the cleaning.