Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hello Everyone!

(Out of consideration of others who may be uneasy with the V words, I will block them out.)

I'm baaaaack...

For those of you who don't remember me, I'm Rebeccah...I was a member back when we still had the old site, and I kind of disappeared for a while right after I started my exposure therapy (my psychiatrist suggested I take a break from all the tips and tricks that are posted here often, asuseful as they once were to me,since that's what I was trying to break myself of). It's been a long time, and I'm happy to say that I've been cured from being scared of seeing other people v****!

I'm still a long way off from being okay with me v'ing, but I've stopped most of the unecessary habits (like kissing to God for every yellow light I run in my car and having all the bills in my wallet facing the same direction for fear if I don't I might v****), and I've stopped carrying all sorts of anti-nausea medications with me. There's other stuff too, but I'll save it for another time.

What I really want tosay is...

I've missed this place!!!

I've missed being able to talk to others like meso much...I arguedwith my psychiatrist for some timethat being able to talk toother emets about our problem helps me feel more secure with myself, but since there's so much talk of ways to preventfeeling sick and being sick (which my goal was to gradually let go of) he suggested strongly that I didn't come back for a while...andI didn't want to leave, but it really was best for me, personally.Plus, I was involved with a fear support groupnear where I live (none were emets though), so I still had some comfort from that...butthere's no place like home!

Now that I'm able to control myfeelings of panic and I don't need medicines anymore,he said it would be okay to come back.It's almost like a test of my strength and will...

I hope that everyone here has made their ownrevelations, realizations, and steps to becoming emet-free...I hope that everyone I used to talk to isn't mad that Ihad to go, and I hope thatI meet all the new people andthat we all become partners in emet-crime!

With love,

Rebeccah
    Love is the only rational act.

Hi, I'm Rebecca, also. I think it's wonderful that you took control of your fear!

Hello, I'm just curious as to how your therapy went? I'm glad that you are cured. I wish I was. How did they do it? Did you have to vomit? Did you have to watch someone else vomit?
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.