Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I have a kissing question....

For the past 3 months ive gotten so bad that i havent kissed my boyfriend, sometimes ill give him a peck because i feel so bad that im doing this to him.

My fear is that since he has a strong stomach and eats food thats been out for hours or even days on the counter, i will get sick if i kiss him. I am really careful with what i ate so i figured if i kiss him i can get sick because if not used to eating the way he does.

Is this irrational?? is the only way of getting sick is by kissing him while he is eating?

Default Re: I have a kissing question....

Yes it is irrational!

Emet reasons aside i wouldn't kiss anybody who had food in their mouth cos it's just plain gross lol and you cannot get sv's from someone by kissing them either as they aren't carried in the saliva. the only way you could catch an sv from kssing someone is if they had the remains of sick on their skin or in their mouth ane lets face it we wouldn't snog someone who had recently been sick would we?!

You can kiss someone minutes before they start being sick with an sv, and you still cannot get it that way

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unless you kiss him right after he has v-ed, you won't catch an sv from him that way.

Thank you so much!!

I hope with this it will be easier to kiss him without the high anxiety that i usually feel

I get that too, I just can't help my irrational thoughts about kissing cause it seems like the easiest way to end up with something, but it's not!
    Susie

I'm kinda similar Cause I always worry that he might end up sick the next day or something and that Ill get it if I kiss him and sometimes I feel soo annoying cause I'm just like do you feel sick at all? or even if he says he has just a headache I have to ask him if hes sick! We just gotta learn to not let this evil thing ruin the rest of our lives because we could miss out on some really great things! Try not to worry too much, I usually try and keep a good attitude about how I'm not going to get it!