Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Very nervous tonight..possible SV?

Hey everyone..I havent been here in quite awhile..(due to forgetting my username and password..etc.)
    Anyway... all winter I have been super careful with hand washing..etc. I live with my boyfriend and make him super careful too! lol
    ANYWAY...just when I wasn't expecting anything to happen... my boyfriend just tells me about a half hour ago he is feeling pretty sick. This is rare for him.
    He is naseaus and has a little bit of a stomach ache. It came on suddenly.
    I am terrified now. He just went to bed a bit ago..and now I am afraid to go to bed.
    I told him to please make sure he gets to the toilet on time IF he has to.
    I hate feeling this way. I CANNOT believe this.
    If he is sick..then I have to contend with it..and then I will most likely get it.
    Please pray hard (if you do) that he is not sick and that is passes whatever it is.
    It doesnt help that I am pregnant also...I have been thinking about how nervous I will be once I have children and they get sick.
    I do not want to sleep in the same room tonight..because I am terrified if he IS sick and I have to hear it if he is in the bathroom (which is in our bedroom)
    It makes me feel like I am a bad girlfriend because of this and not much hope of being a mom when our child will get sick in the future.
    I pray so hard he does not get "sick".
    Ok sorry..had to vent. I am scared!!

Default Re: Very nervous tonight..possible SV?

Wait a bit and see what happens with him, try to stay calm. If he is sick, sleep in a separate room. Most likely he can take care of himself and he won't mind. Then you cut the chances of contamination if you are hygienic. hang in there

Thanks, socitycourty.... Ive been here in the computer room with my earphones on playing music..so I cant hear anything! I peeked in the room once earlier and he was fast asleep. I pray it stays this way ALL night and tomorrow!! Thanks for the reply.

Ok well..he did get sick pretty bad over an hour ago..but he made it to the bathroom and he washed up and we used some Lysol clean up wipes around. (I wouldnt go in the bathroom after) He said he felt so much better. It was both V* and D*. D* I dont mind..its the other I HATE.
    Anyway..he felt much better than before..and he sat up awhile and played on his computer and said it was coming slightly in waves. His Stomach twinged once in a while with the nausea. So he sipped some water. Now he laid back down.
    I pray the worst is over now. I am still terrified of him being sick again...then next is probably me. Please no!
    We kiss all the time, shared a drink today and everything. I know I am bound to get it.
    BOOO.

Quote Originally Posted by ren2005 View Post
    Ok well..he did get sick pretty bad over an hour ago..but he made it to the bathroom and he washed up and we used some Lysol clean up wipes around. (I wouldnt go in the bathroom after) He said he felt so much better. It was both V* and D*. D* I dont mind..its the other I HATE.
    Anyway..he felt much better than before..and he sat up awhile and played on his computer and said it was coming slightly in waves. His Stomach twinged once in a while with the nausea. So he sipped some water. Now he laid back down.
    I pray the worst is over now. I am still terrified of him being sick again...then next is probably me. Please no!
    We kiss all the time, shared a drink today and everything. I know I am bound to get it.
    BOOO.

You are NOT bound to get it! I'm guessing you haven't kissed him since he was sick?! So, it's an impossibility to have got it that way.

Same for sharing a drink - as long as it was before and not after he was sick you can't have got it that way either

As for the "and everything" the only other ways you can get it are if you were stood right next to him while he was being sick (and even then it's not guaranteed you would get it that way but the odds are higher) or if he has any sick or diarrhoea on his hands and then he makes you food, or if you touch a surface contaminated with v or d then make/eat food without washing your hands first.

Simply wash your hands as normal (after using the loo and before putting your fingers in your mouth directly/indirectly) there's no need to go berserk washing them every 5 minutes or anything! and steer clear of him while he's actually being sick and you will be ok.

I'd just like to qualify the comments about kissing and sharing drinks - these are perfectly safe things to do as long as the person doesn't have any bits of you know what left in their mouth, so if he's used mouthwash or brushed his teeth thoroughly then i'm sure it would be ok but if it were me i'd not kiss him with tongues for a day or two just to be on the safe side

Hope this is the last of it and he's better soon x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have dealt with my bf being sick before and it SUCKED. Especially since he is who I normally turn to for support. He actually even tried hiding it at first as to not upset me! It made me feel so guilty that I couldn't be around him. I barely ate anything at all while he was sick/a few days after since I feel that if there is nothing in my stomach, I have nothing to get sick from. I know how unhealthy that is and I hate that I did that to myself. He knew that I couldn't comfortably sit next to him or cuddle with him while he was ill, and was very understanding. I did sit in the living room with him to watch a movie and he really appreciated the small act of me doing that since he knows it was a struggle. It got easier though! Just focus on getting through right now. He will be understanding. It also helps me to clean the whole apt... not just the areas he's been in. Lysol spraying common surfaces and washing bedding helped relieve a little bit of my anxiety. I hope he is better. I know how hard this is! Just try and keep your mind distracted. Don't feel like you need to push yourself to do anything you aren't comfortable with. Maybe try and get some fresh air... that usually helps calm me and will get you out of the house for a bit!

thank you so very much for your responses.... The last he was in the bathroom getting sick was 4 hours ago.. So total all night/morning was 3 times so far. He said he felt awful.
    I just went to check on him a bit ago (I am sleeping on the couch) he is on our bed...and he said he is starting to feel a bit better now. I got him some gatorade to sip on.
    Also, I do get a bit nervous what if this lasts all day??? Do Dr.'s prescribe anything??
    We are new to the area and no Dr. yet.
    But I dont want to go there right now..I am praying this is the tail end. It has been 10 hours since he initially got very sick. He is watching TV in our bedroom. He says he is very worn out..but not stomach pain since 4 hours ago.
    I am still terrified.
    But I am being VERY careful as to what I touch, sanitize..etc.
    Once I know he is ALL done and feeling much better..THEN I will start on his bathroom with BLEACH!!

I'm glad the worst seems to be over with! My OH was sick twice in 2009 and this may seem a bit OTT/unecessary to some but it helped my anxiety so much and meant i wasn't very worried about catching it and felt safe in my own home and wasn't panicking all night, so for me it was worth it and he didn't mind either - Once he'd been sick, he went and sat on the settee while i cleaned the entire bathroom with bleach, it's small and tiled so literally the whole room bar the ceiling got done including the bottles of bubble bath etc, then I ran him a bath and he would get in without touching anything and i took his clothes as he got undressed then put them straight in the washer on a hot wash.

Then while he was in the bath i then went round the rest of the house bleaching or dettol spraying down surfaces such as light switches, remote controls, door handles, keys etc then when i'd done he'd get out of the bath, brush his teeth, use mouthwash, brush teeth again with a new toothbrush and that was that...Luckily he only vomited once on each occasion, I think if he'd been at it all day I'd have gone out, waited until he'd finished then come home and done what I did re the cleaning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hope he is feeling better by now! As long as you're good with handwashing, there's no reason for you to catch it. You'll be okay!

Hey everyone!! Thank you so much for being here for me!! Well...the worst was all over by yesterday afternoon. After that he was dead tired and a headache. He slept ALL day. I got him stuff as needed, (his gatorade and water) and by late late last night, I made him take a shower and get out of his "yukky" clothes and put on fresh ones.
    He was sooo tired still. But he had a good nights sleep and ran off to work this early morning. I just talked to him and he said his stomach feels so emtpy and hollow, and he is a bit hungry.
    I sent him off with Saltine crackers and gatorade. (he is a computer technician) so he is always in the car and on site somewhere. I told him keep his hands washed!!
    I still think he got this from his job OR we went to a damn pizza buffet Saturday night. I can just get sick thinking about it. Too many kids and people there touching everything.
    EW.
    ANYWAY....I got through the day... went out to pick up cleaning supplies and more gatorade, talked to my sister n law on the phone who is a nurse and that made me feel better. But I thank you all on here for the good advice.
    NOW I AM BRACING MYSELF for this.
    I slept on the couch again last night and today I really started the sanitizing. ALTHOUGH, I have been sanitizing with Lysol spray around the apartment all yesterday, and handwashing like crazy!!!
    Today I am getting all the sheets and blankets off the bed, going to wash them and some clothes.
    Gonna bleach some things in the bedroom and then finally start on his bathroom. (the tainted room!) UGHHH!!!
    Also another question for all you guys... the bucket he was sick in...should I throw it out?? Or should I bleach it well and stick it back under his sink???
    He gets mad about throwing stuff out...and he told me to just wash it out good.
    I dont know what to do. IT IS SOOO TAINTED TO ME!!! YUK!!
    I pray this is all done in our apartment now.
    NO MORE SICK PLEASE!!!

I'd bin the bucket and replace it so he can't grumble, i mean if you bleach it then it will be absolutely fine but for the sake of a couple of $'s I wouldn't muck about

Hi Pauline..well, the other day I bleached it out really good and it is in his bathroom..
    but I am STILL going to get a new one, THEN throw that one out! ha ha