Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Encouragement needed

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow begins a new semester and of course I can't sleep. After last semester (the one where I had a panic attack/anxiety nearly everyday) I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing. I know I need to get my life back so I've started researching therapists in the area. I really hope it goes okay, of course I'll be exhausted but what can you do? Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Default Re: Encouragement needed

Well first off I wish you luck in your new semester But let me tell you mate you don't need encouragement you've got everything you need right there

Look at yourself and you have to see that no matter how many panic attacks you suffered last time, you made it through. Well who's to say this semester will be any worse? If not even better! You need to trust yourself mate and give yourself some love. It's scary not knowing but I figure, the unknown could be the most fun you've ever had.

Therapy can be hard and expensive but you're starting off in the right way. Don't push yourself though. Just take this new semester a day at a time and here's hoping you feel better about this all

I hope I helped. Sometimes I don't make much sense :P
    Stay safe mate
    "Let the stars in the sky, remind us of man's compassion. Let us love till we die, and God bless us everyone"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks a lot! You're right, I've gotten through five semesters of college completely unharmed so why should this be any different? I wish I had that mentality last semester but I look forward to hopefully making strides to overcome this fear. I mean, I had one almost every day so I can't see how this semester would be worse, ha ha. And as far as therapy goes, I'm still considering it, it just feels like something I should do, maybe talking to someone that can give advice on how to change behaviors I've developed (constant hand-washing, worry that something I eat or someone will make me sick) will really nip it in the bud, I don't want to go the rest of my life this way.

=)

Oh I definitely understand that fear and the fact you went through an anxiety attack every day. I definitely understand mate. So you're doing well. And as for the therapy...I say go for it
    "Let the stars in the sky, remind us of man's compassion. Let us love till we die, and God bless us everyone"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If the anxiety attacks come, you'll survive them just like you did before and probably better this time around since you know whats up. On the other hand you might not get panicky at all! Good luck! Im sure you'll be fine.