Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Kolonics?

Default Kolonics?

What exactly happens when they do one? Has anyone had one? Should I just do the laxative? I might be having surveyed and my doctor told me if the time comes I can either do this gallon of laxative or a kolonic? Laxatives can make you nauseas and make you throw up! I'm scared. Do kolonics make you nauseas?

Default Re: Kolonics?

I meant Surgery*

Personally, I've never heard of anyone I know or me getting ill from a laxative. Colonics shouldn't make you ill. Look into it, research on google, and see what it is. There's really no reason for it to make you ill, but then, same with laxatives. Go with what makes you more comfortable though.

Kaydee- the laxatives they give you before colonoscopy (presume it's the same for surgery) can unfortunately make you ill, because a) they are more powerful than regular laxatives b) you have to take LOADS and c) they taste gross!

But the good news is, some laxatives are better than others. If you get offered laxative pills, take them, because that gets rid of problems b and c! Failing that PicoSalax, or magnesium citrate are probably the best ones. Do NOT take Moviprep, that's the one I had for my scope, I couldn't finish it because I KNEW if I tried to drink any more I would v.

If the surgery prep is different to these then I'm sorry, I don't know off hand, but if you tell me the name of the laxative I can ask some of my Crohnie friends! They are experts in surgery preps and stuff like that!

Oh, wow, I didn't know that, sorry! I must just have a strong stomached family :P

I was watching the Tyra Banks show last week and they had a girl on there who had a Kolonic done ON the show. She didn't get ill, but they just basically stick a tube in your butt and pump water in and out and all your um....poo, gets sucked out into a tank. It was werid to watch, but now I'm wondering if I should get one, too :/
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

I watched a show on TV where there were heaps of people with various different issues, and part of the Holistic methods of treatment they used was colonics. It was kind of interesting, but it was strange to watch.

Hmmmmm interesting. Thanks for the advice guys!

I know people who swear by kolonics but I did have one friend get sick while getting one. The practitioner who gave it said it was do the his unhealthy lifestyle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.