Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey all, just needing some opinions or help. My bf dad invited me to his b-day dinner this friday, and I said sure, but when they set the time 7:00pm, I realized that I have a big issue with this. I do not eat after 6 pm, (emet thing) and I told myself I would be able to deal with it, but I have been really bad this week. Because the way my bf family eats we wont really eat until 8 which is really late, I feel really bad because I always back out of their dinner because they eat so late, I dont think they know about my emet. But I cant even think up a good lie in my head, I just dont know what to do?

Don't lie. Just be honest. Do you feel more comfertable with his mom or dad. Take them aside and let them know, you just cant eat after 6. That way they can accomidate you too. How long ahve you been with your bf?

I can try to give advice, but this is a hard one. Does your
    boyfriend know about your emet? How long have you been
    together? Are you comfortable with his family? I'm not
    quite sure about the whole situation. I have to be honest and say
    in certain situations I have lied. Sometimes it's easier.
    But the truth is always better. Maybe talk it over with your
    boyfriend first. He knows his family best, he may have a
    suggestion on how to approach them with this little emet problem.
    But either way, you should go. Good luck. Carrie

Maybe just try and push it forward to around six pm. Or like previously mentioned just try and be honest..

I have been with my bf for almost five years, My relationship with his parents are ok, they are always travelling and I dont see them much, so it might be weird to tell them upfront, I dont think that they would understand the importance to me it has about not eating after six. My bf knows about my emetophobia quite well, but he thinks that his parents might laugh it off or something, I will talk it over with my bf tomorrow and see if he is serious enough about it with his parents maybe they will understand. Thanxs for the help guys.