Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Where is Noro least common?

I'm starting to look at moving to another state after I graduate from college, and not having frequent norovirus outbreaks would be a big plus. Does anyone know what state/ geographical region would be "safest" for an emetophobic?

Default Re: Where is Noro least common?

I can tell you how it is where i live..in Ga. Its bad Feb and March here, then its gone for the year. A few people get it Nov-jan...but its not everywhere like it is when it hits in feb...yikes thats soon..

I don't think you can escape it. No matter what state you live in there are going to be outbreaks and we are all going to freak out I think running from it may be worse even though I know we all would run from it given the chance. Ugh I want to live in a bubble haha.

I used to think that living somewhere warm would make the virus less likely, but there's no reason to think that. Temperatures have to be very hot to kill the virus. Much hotter than the weather will allow. Maybe going to a place with a low population density would be the best thing. If you live in central Montana I can't imagine it spreads around as much as it would in NYC or London.

We don't get a whole lot of it here in Australia... I think it's a different type of stomach virus we get, not so severe. But you're looking in the US :P

I wish I knew a place where noro is less common than other places, as where I live (Waltham Forest, East London) seems to suffer more than any other part of the city. I`ve been lucky so far, as I have`nt had it yet, touch wood!

Honestly hun, don't run away like that. First of all, as another poster said it's everywhere anyway. Especially now with global travel. People fly to where it is, catch it, and bring it to wherever you are anyway. Secondly and most importantly, spend the money, time and energy you'd spend moving to address your anxiety. The problem is not norovirus, or catching it. The problem is you have an anxiety disorder. A highly treatable one! More and more therapists are learning how to treat emetophobia and the whole world has access to the web. If you run away from it, your phobia will get far worse, not better. I know it sounds crazy but it's true.
    Take care and good luck!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.