Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default please help me, new and extremely scared

i have suffered emetophobia for a long time, and before three weeks ago the last time i threw up was eight years ago.
    three weeks ago i threw and it was actually the most painful night of my life, it was truly horrible i couldn't stop hyperventilating and crying for ages after it happened.
    just today, i started eating "junk" food again and i thought it would be fine because it was a while since i was sick.
    but i feel so sick right now, its almost 4.30am and i can't sleep due to both feeling extremely ill and i am absolutely petrified that i might have to relive my worst nightmare.
    i have tried sleeping and just relaxing but thats not helping, i even tried sleeping next to the toilet (that was the only place i managed to get some sleep last time) but nothing is helping now.

i don't know what to do can you help me?
    i am also concerned that most of this nausea is coming from the thought of me being sick again which is making it worse?

Default Re: please help me, new and extremely scared

Did you have a sv* 3 weeks ago? If so your tummy is probley just upset from the anxiety of thinking you will get sick again. Try and calm down with a hot bath or the tv. Do something to distract yourself, i clean my house in the middle of the night sometimes when i get anxious. If you take your mind off it you will feel better.