Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey all, I have a doc app this week and am thinking of bringing up emet to him. This week I have just had enough of this phobia, I am tired of always thinking about it, and worrying. I am so nervous all of the time, I am sick of my friends when we go out and certain situations will come up and they say "dont say that, linzis scared of that" or "dont even bother asking linzi she wont try it" things along those lines. and things that prevent me from doing things that I really should be doing. I know I sound like a broken record. sorry guys, i am just a little fed up this week. but anyway, would talking to my doc about it be helpful? has anyone else done this before?

what options other than meds do i have to get help?

I"m going to tell my counsler on Friday. So I'm a tad nervous. I told my doctor but she never said anything about it. I think I will have to talk to her more about it when I see her next. I dont want drugs. I'm all about natural. Its hards, but scary.

i'd suggest you go to the treatments thread and print out the paper i wrote - it's at the top on a sticky link "important info" or something like that. give it to your doctor to read, then make another appt to discuss it. put your heads together to plan where to get treatment, etc.

good luck!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I too have had it with this phobia!!! It seems the more we hate it and want to get rid of it, the worse it gets????

Anyways, go ahead and tell your counselor about your emet...it is a great start to recovery!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Charlotte

I spoke to my doctor about it a few months ago. I specifically made an appointment to discuss it, because I thought that if I made an appointment for something else and planned to bring it up as an afterthought, then I would chicken out so I made the appointment specifically to address it. I was really nervous, I mean really nervous, but the doc was great, in fact it was probably the longest time I have ever spent with a doctor because normally I'm in and out as fast as I can [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]! She was really interested though, and sympathetic and spent lots of time asking me questions so that she could think about the best person to refer me to. I printed out the information that Sage mentioned and I left that with her to read. Unfortunately though, since then I've been waiting to see a counsellor and apparently it's still going to be another few months because they are just so busy. The doctor did ring me the other day to say that if I thought it was serious enough then I could say and they would try to push me through the system a bit quicker. I said no - I figured I've lived with this for 25 years so another few months isn't going to hurt. I do wish I could get started with some kind of treatment though. It's a horrible thing to live with.

Just bite the bullet and be brave - and make sure you have a good think through beforehand about what you want to say because if you get nervous when you are in there you'll forget some of the important things and you want them to know the effect that this has on your life. You could even make some notes beforehand if you think it will help.

Good luck!