Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default why is it some children never seem to get sick?

I have read on occasions threads from people who never vted when they were kids, & also I`ve heard of people who claim never to have vted at all! I feel so envious of these people, & can`t help but wonder what makes them so lucky. I feel really hacked of that I`m not one of them, & that I was at the back of the queue when the stomachs were being handed out. what`s the secret of people like this?

Default Re: why is it some children never seem to get sick?

It's very rare, but some people have a physical abnormality that nakes it impossible for them to v. This people will not have ever v'ed, or even spat up as a baby. (but before you get too jealous, burping is impossible too- and have you ever felt the need to burp but couldn't- they must feel like that most of the time!).

Also some people lack the receptors in the guts to notice an sv in there- so they are immune to sv's, but may have v'ed from other reasons.

Also some people have high levels of stomach acid, which kills off more bacteria and viruses, so it is less likely that they will get ill from fp or sv. Conversely, taking antacids which neutralise stomach acid will increase your risk of getting ill from these.

I hope when I have kids they will be non-vomiters hahaha...

I know my brother and I used to never wash our hands (unless we were told to) when we were young kids and we used to touch just about everything and put our fingers in our mouths etc... and we hardly ever got s*, and I mean any kind of s*, not just v*. I don't know - both of my parents are the same way? We're all blood type AB, maybe that's got something to do with it? I don't really know.