Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Some people have no sense

I just met a new neighbor and i already dislike him. while having a conversation he says he needs to get going and offers a handshake so i shake back. then he informs me he had been up s* all night with a sv*...so i head right inside and scrubbed my hands the used some gold bond sanitizer then scrubbed and sanitized again. the only thing off to me is if you where s* all night would you go out and shovel your driveway and half the block just hours later?

Default Re: Some people have no sense

Some people aren't bothered about v*ing. He might be feeling fine now, so he just figures he's better, and wants to do something. :-)

Also, if he's a clean and considerate person he would have washed his own hands well after using the bathroom. So shaking yours isn't actually showing "no sense." Or maybe you meant shoveling. As Kaydee said, some folks just aren't bothered by it. Once they feel better, they're off and running again!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know what you mean, I can`t understand why people who are still vting with a bug insist on carrying on regardless, like going to work, visiting friends & going shopping, all the while spreading it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick82 View Post
    I just met a new neighbor and i already dislike him. while having a conversation he says he needs to get going and offers a handshake so i shake back. then he informs me he had been up s* all night with a sv*...so i head right inside and scrubbed my hands the used some gold bond sanitizer then scrubbed and sanitized again. the only thing off to me is if you where s* all night would you go out and shovel your driveway and half the block just hours later?
    An emetophobic person wouldn't but someone who is not might, sure. Because stomach viruses are usually short-lived, so while he was up sick all night, he's probably feeling a lot better today. I know when I had some stomach thing years ago, I was up during the night vomiting and then I got up and went to work... because I was feeling fine by morning, Just tired from not sleeping.

And I'm sure he probably showered.. or at least washed his hands. It's not like he vomited on his hands, gave them a wipe, came out and shook your hand, right? Plus you can have his vomit on your hands and as long as you don't ingest it, it won't make you sick. All you have to do is wash your hands - which you did - way more than necessary. So TRY to relax. I know it's hard.

Eh, he felt better probably or I doubt he would. He was just shoveling his sidewalk, he wasn't really out spreading it around. I'm sure he had washed/showered since then too!
    And you washed your hands right after, so you will be fine! Don't stress over it
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

i dont get this either my friend was v* all night and then at work the next day ....if i v* ever its like im on lockdown complete bedroom shutdown for at least a week incase it happens again and until i am sure i dont feel n*

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    i dont get this either my friend was v* all night and then at work the next day ....if i v* ever its like im on lockdown complete bedroom shutdown for at least a week incase it happens again and until i am sure i dont feel n*
    Yeah, but your friend doesn't have emet. You have to try to see it from their perspective. I don't agree with going to work right after, especially if you work with food, but in general people feel better so they go on with their lives.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”