Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New here

Default New here

I think I posted this in the wrong forum, sorry just learning the ropes around here. I re-copied it in here.

Hello,
    I just found this site today. I have suffered with emetaphobia all my life (am now 35), and after a recent horrible sv* that my kids had a few weeks ago I feel like I am totally and completey losing control now. I need help. I have mostly been ignoring this my whole life, just praying that I will never get sick, but now with my kids it is a day to day depression, anxiety, and fear. I can't live like this anymore.

I am reading a lot of recommendations to get professional help with a therapist.

Unfortunately I cannot afford it in the least bit, we are really struggling, and we do not have insurance that covers anything but routine checkups.

There aren't any books out there or anything I can find It seems like the general forums aren't for trying to overcome, just more for sharing the common fears.

Any suggestions on where to start? I want my life back.

Thanks so much in advance for any insight.

Default Re: New here

Hey
    Welcome to IES! I really hope you find this forum helpful with your emet! You mentioned that there aren't any books around that are to do with emet. I just had a search on Amazon and have found a few books about emet I shall post you the link. . . I never ever thought there would even be a book until I just googled it so thank you for opening my eyes too I hope this helps you in some way!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...ix=emetophobia

I hope the link works && same here with the therapy for overcoming the emet, I mean im on 17 and my parents wouldn't spend money on dealing with this phobia for me when I am already deep into therapy for my mental health problems. You may have heard of anti-emetics? They are anti-*s tablets, you can buy them over the counter or you can speak to your doctor about it. They can be very understanding with emet! Hope you are well!? Welcome once again x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.