Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I stayed home from school today 'cos I have come down with this really awful cold all of a sudden. I mean REALLY suddenly, I went to bed early last night'cos I felt a bit shivery and achey, and then I woke up this morning, feeling HORRIBLE and when I tried to get up, I fell right back in bed again. So like I saidmum made me stay home from school even though I had quite easy lessons. Anyway she left for workand Itried to go back to sleep, but it took me ages 'cos I kept coughing, I just woke up a couple of hours ago, (It took me a while to summon the strengthto drag myself to the corner of the room to my computer!)And now I come to my point, I justt coughed so hard that I gagged! And I still feel all headachey, could this be flu????? That makes you v*!!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! Although I don't feel queasy. Hmmm...Anyway I don't know how it came on so suddenly, I've been fine all week. I think I will sleep again now. Nightie Night!Edited by: hippyclown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

im sure it is just a cold, if eel the way u do, but i took echinachea last night, and so was ok to go to school this morning.

just try and rest as much as possible, and drink lots if u can still eat fine, then u defenitely dont have the flu. is there neone who uv been in contact with recently who's had a cold? that wil probs reassure u, thats its jut a cold.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

It sounds like a flu (not the stomac one!) I had it about 2 months ago. Same symptoms. It came on suddenly, and I felt like I'd been hit by a truck.

You can try decongestants (for your chest if you are congested), cough meds for your cough, or just plain tea and steaming!

Hope you feel better!

Probably just a really bad cold. People cough really hard sometimes and gag. My grandma used to do it. And I think if it was a vbug you would have v'd by now. Stay warm and get better!
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Can't sleep, too much coughing. Thank you guys for all replies, hit by a truck is right! I have not actually attempted eating all day as have been asleep. May go get something in a mo. Any suggestions what will be easiest to eat, cos my throat is a bit sore, or maybe it's justdry? I dunno.

Soup would be a good idea.

I hope you feel better soon. Colds are miserable too. When I get a bad cold I always complain and when I catch myself complaining I say "Rather have the worst of this cold then a vbug." LOL. That helps. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Oh God, Mum just bought me up a jacket potato, and I was really hungry having not eaten all dayso Iate it really fast and now I feel really nauseas and I think I'm having a panic attack too and I'm not sure which is the cause of which and this cannot be good for my cold/flu whatever!!! And I'm scared!

calm down , im sure ur just panicking cos ur worried. potatoes are good, they're lke bread, they wil line ur stomach and hopefully make it rest. so please dont fret and make urself ill, im sure ur going to be fine.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:

Thanks Jenneh! I'm feeling a lot better now that I've got some food in me and I just had a little sleep again (Orders of my mum the nurse!) so I don't feel sick anymore yaaay! Still yucky, but not sick. Should I go to school tomorrow? I'm not sure.

heya, im so glad to hear u feel better and more relaxed.. i guess you should decide wheter to go to school 2morro wen u wake up in the morning.... if im ever allowed a day off, its certainly only one, so i never have to make tht kinda decision...

Jen xxxxxxx

MSN:

Sorry you're feeling gross. Get some rest and pamper yourself! Sounds like a cold, you shouldn't worry about v*ing with a cold. Hope you're feeling better!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

OH MY GOD!
    This morning I felt a bit better so I decided to go to school, but I came home early because "Pauses dramaticly" I v*ed!!!! Yep I actually didthe deed! And it wasn't too bad to be honest. I was in Geography and I felt really rotten so I couldn't concentrate sothen my teacher told me off for not working and I put my head up and she goes "Hannah, you're really pale are you ok?" *May be graphic*so then I opened my mouth to tell her I felt bad when I suddenly got this huge wave of nausea and I had to run to the loo. It was horrible but it only lasted like 10 seconds and I felt much better afterwards. Altho, Iapparently get grossed out by my own v* as well as others so I had to plug my ears and close my eyes! So then I went back tothe classroom and the teacher sent me home. When I got back homeI went to sleep AGAIN! And I woke up about an hour ago feeling way better. I even ate a biscuit. Still coughing tho which is a pain.Edited by: hippyclown

OMG you brave brave girl!

Im sorry you had to go through that but at least now maybe your emet wont be as bad..you now know what real nausea feels like..and you have done the deed and know that it helps you feel better and isnt as bad!

I hope you are feeling MUCHO better!!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

i kno exactly how u feel...im poorly 2 and have exams comin up so the time off skool is not good...i keep coughin til i gag and am full of snotty yack...hate colds so much

youre so brave wow! well done babes!

hope you feel better now though!! xx
    <center>+ Sammeh +

</center>

Wow! You are sooo brave. You handled that very well, and you even ate later on--way to go! It sounds like you are kicking emet in the butt.

I hope you feel better soon. I'm sorry you had to get sick. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Wow!!!

You v*ed!! And in school too!!! That is a BIG accomplishment!!! To v* in someplace other than home just seems like the worst thing to me. Im so glad you feel it wasn't that bad, and I hope this helps with your emet!! You are VERY brave!!!

You are so brave! I admire you LOL!

Not even I have the guts to vomit in school. I always stay at home if i have a mild cold! You are so brave! I can't stop saying that! I hope from this experience it will make you less afraid of vomit in the future! Once you do it once (It seems horrible) but the second time it doesnt seem so scary!!!

Well Done! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ISAIAH 41:10

Hippyclown that is fantastic!!! I'm so happy to hear that you just did it, got over it, and even ate later in the day!! Do you think this has helped your phobia?? Don't let the phobia come back - remember how you did this!

Feels weird to congratulate someone for v*ing, but you deserve it! So, Congrats!! I'm going to use your post to remind myself that an emet can v* in a public place and live to tell about it [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]!
    Soluene

If you are going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill

Feeling loads better now, thank you for all your kind replies! Believe me I would have rather been sick at home with my family than at school, but I couldn't reallycontrol where it happened! Thats probably the thing I hate most about v*ing, the lack of control and everything.Altho it happened so quickly I didn't have time to think about it. But here is my dilemma, Mum saved me some dinner should I eat it? I don't want to v* again, but I'm hungry!

yes..eat it..it may be scary..but you need to eat..specially if you are sick!!!

Good luck..glad you are feeling better..let us know how dinner goes!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Dinnerwas ok, I had part of an omlette and some fizzy water on a tray in the living room and watched tv with my family, they all know about my fear so they're allbeingsuper nice to me.I don't feel nauseous but I just did that cough and gag thing again which I didn't like at all! Still the real thing was worse. I went to lie down but I got some reflux so I got up again and nowI'm at my computer writing to u guys! Goodnight!

Hey Hippy.

WOW. you got through it though! just curious? did you feel sick at all before throwing up? When I was sick I constantly gagged and almost threw up, but I didn't feel sick to my tummy.

Well done, Hope you are feeling better!

I did feel a bit grossbut I think that was the cold more than anything. I only felt nauseous just before it happened.

Really....that is weird. and scares me. I'm in a bit of a panick right now, my neighbors are sick with some bug. EW!

It was probably the cold, the mucus and such built up. yuck eh?

Hope you're doing well, you sound like you're doing better than I am at the moment!

so what kind of illness was it? was it a cold type thing or a stomach type thing? As far as I know colds don't make people sick to their stomach, except little kids because of all the mucus you swallow..

Has this type of thing ever happened before? Was the vomiting just due to gagging on mucus or did the stomachreallyfeel that bad?

Sorry for the 20 questions, I'm just getting paraonid! Usually it's either you get a flu, or you get the stomach stuff..diarrhea and vomiting..I've never heard of anyone vomiting from the flu or a flu type thing until now, so I'm a little paranoid now.

Ah, good job on the vomit too! I'd be a basket case if that happened.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.

Hippyclown-

Since I haven't v*ed in 19 years...was it really obvious to you that you were going to be ill? It sounds like it was...that you couldn't have mistaken it for panic, right? I worry that I haven't done it in so long that I wouldn't know what the heck was going on if my body decided to throw up. I worry that I would just mistake it for panic, and then have an unfortunate surprise. Sorry, I hope no one considers that too graphic!
    Soluene

SOLUENE -

I am exactly like you. One of the stems of my phobia is the fear that I won't know that i'm going to v* and that it will just happen. I always feel that I am not prepared if I feel ill.

HIPPYCLOWN -

Hiya, I hope you felt better today. I guess you probably didn't go to school today but I hope you feel much better today!!!
    ISAIAH 41:10

Hippy, well done on coping!! So sorry you're ill and had to go through that but you did it!! Thats amazing!! Yay!!

Soluene- I was sick recently for the first time in eight years but I knew it wasnt panic. I cant describe how you can tell the difference but I think you just know it's not anxiety. I just seemed to go into automatic and I just did it. I panicked afterwards but the actual process just happened. You'll know if it's anything other than anxiety.
    Fae Kat!!! =sweetie darling luvvie mwah mwah mwah=

\"Nay faith, let me not play a woman, I have a beard coming.\" Flute, A Midsummer Nights Dream, Shakespeare

!!$H!nY hApPy K!tTy!! =^..^=

Radisha-

Thanks, that is really encouraging. People always tell me "you just know", but it feels better coming from an emet.

Soluene