Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

The fact that I cannot channel surf on the TV anymore. I am constantly coming across someone v*ing. Ugh.. I have seen several FOUL scenes that I cannot get out of my mind. I don't understand why it is necasary to show such things. I cannot imagine that someone without EMET would want to see that either.. I think v* should be banned from TV, Movies and LIFE.. Darnit.

Rant over..

--Tink

This has got to be the worst thing aside from TV being so raunchy these days with sex and swearing, so many movies and TV shows have V*** scenes. Very tough for us emets to deal with. Why is this so common I wonder? TV is just really pushing it.

This is something I have noticed too. Nearly every movie my husband and I go see or rent has that kind of scene in it. I get so annoyed! If I think it is coming, I either go out of the room or hide my face and cover my ears. Why would they have to put that in a movie? Does it ever really change the outcome of the movie?

i know its so wrong! V* is a bodily function. But taking a s**t or p**s is also a bodily functionbutgraphic scenes of these are rarely seen in movies, so why so many V* scenes? They could always cut it right before it actually happens, so the viewer gets the point but doesnt have to see it. when you buy dvds now, they usualy have a little box telling you what things are in the film, for example, strong language, sex or violence. how cool would it be if it had phobia warnings, for some of the most common phobias. for example warnings about V*, cats, dogs, spiders, insects, blood and gory scenes, heights, flying. i know it would be hard to warn for all phobias but some are more common, and more likely to appear in a film.

does this make sense to anyone else or am i talking rubbish?

I would certainly like a V* warning. I can sometimes watch, it depends how graphic it is. But of course you don't know that beforehand. It doesn't stop me watching 'Casualty' or 'Holby City' - my hubby always gives me a considerate shout of 'Close your eyes!' if it looks about to happen!

But yes, why, why this obsession with showing it all the time, everywhere? Outside medical drama, it's usually a dramatic device signalling a) pregnancy or b) emotional trauma. Drunkenness is covered under b), mostly. But surely there are other ways to get the message across??!!

Yes, they never, ever portray anyone with the sh*ts, do they? If they won't show D*, why do they think V* is acceptable? Grossness for the sake of it, like schoolkids! Grrrrrr!

I dont watch that many tv shows or movies, butmy teacher showed "Super size Me" inclass today.He was like "This movieis kind of sickening, so if youcant handle it leave and makesure you dont throw up in my room okay?" Gosh, I left so fast.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I hate those reality shows where they are always making people eat stupid things. Of course someone is gonna v*, and how is that entertainment?

I hate it too...

As far as TV, Comedy Central tends to be the worst, as far as I've
    seen. I can't believe other people find v* so amusing, but I also don't
    understand a lot of the things that appeal to the public's sense of
    humor. It's totally unecessary. Thankfully, I don't watch TV very much,
    and when I do it's shows that I know are safe.

As for movies, I hate it there too. Last night, we were watching Fight
    Club, and I was talking to my fiance about how awesome a movie it is,
    except for the one v* scene they have in it. The scene serves
    absolutely no purpose, and is completely random and out of nowhere. It
    doesn't do anything for the movie, and seems like it was just randomly
    stuck in there for no reason.

I know what you mean!! Like, when I was younger, I don't ever remember anyone on "Three's Company" or "All in the Family" hurling on tv!! That is just sick. It is like the new "IN" think; to v on tv!!!!! ICK, ICK, ICK!!!

Charlotte

Boy, do I wish it was the 1980's right now. Living in this "millenium" thing is so crazy. I loved Three's Company. What great, clean entertainment that was!!! I hate reality shows, they think its so cool to get people to eat groos stuff and gag as they are doing it. Maybe a sound really crazy but I would not do that reguardless of how much money I would win. Oh, and how about thoes shows that are caught on tape of people getting hurt by animals or getting hit by cars or a skydive gone wrong? Unfortunately thats what is appealing to most TV viewers out there. Not me. Its pretty sad how far TV has come these days.