Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Okay so I'm here trying to bum knowledge again.I have the most ridiculous assignment ever in History and I cannot find the answers anywhere. I don't even understand the questions. I'm supposed to research the internet for the answers and list the site that the answer was found on. Would anyone here be willing to help me? If not, it's okay. Gosh I feel so stupid being a bum. I'm getting frustrated. I even asked the teacher for some help and he just goes, "Ahh. Do your best." That helps ALOT, huh? Here is the lame assignment.

Describe the ways in which government policy has been shaped and set by the influence of political parties, interest groups, lobbyists, the media and public opinion with emphasis on:

1) Extension of suffrage

2) Labor legislation

3) Civil rights legislation

4) Military policy

5) Environmental legislation

6) Business Regulation

7) Educational policy

Again sorry. Delete me if you want. LOL. *hides*
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

One soure you could try is the History Channel. www.historychannel.com

Try a google search on 'influental factors on current government policy'. If that doesn't land you anywhere, go to your library. They are really helpful in such matters.

Hope this helps.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

Hey Mistikal Star,
    Hope I can help. First, are you in college or university? I am not quite sure the "level" your prof. or teacher is expecting. It seems the essay question is a asking you: Describe how goverenment policy (current I pressume) has been directly influenced (from all aspects of influencing driving outlets "political parties, interest groups, lobbyists, the media and public opinion") and chose a specific focus...(your list).

So what I would do is take a current policy (lets chose educational as an example) and look at its current policy. What are the current regulations around education and how does the gov't support them currently? THEN look at all the goverment influencers, say the media. How has the media caused the gov't to change current policies. An EXTREME example would be the Columbine shootings. With all the media focus, it caused so much exposure around the country that the gov't enforced stricter security in High Schools. Without that exposure, would these security measures be enforced???
    Does this make sense? If you need any extra help , feel free to email me. My background is Political Science but I am Canadian and am not AS familiar with US policies. However, I can totally help you with the question and perhpas even proofread for you. Let me know

MSN: [email protected]

Describe the ways in which government policy has been shaped and set by the influence of political parties, interest groups, lobbyists, the media and public opinion with emphasis on:

1) Extension of suffrage

2) Labor legislation

3) Civil rights legislation

4) Military policy

5) Environmental legislation

6) Business Regulation

7) Educational policy

Again sorry. Delete me if you want. LOL. *hides*

Thanks for the replies. I've searched the internet using your advice but still cant find anything. Maybe I'm over looking the answers--I don't know.
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

OMG...maybe I should ask my boyfriend for you. He is the expert on politics and government. He is a writer and that is basically what he writes about. LOL
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

That'd be great Sweetfreak. I dont need a paragraph about the stuff either. Just a couple sentences. I'm still searching the net for answers but cannot find anything
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>