Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling down...and anxious.

Just having a bad couple of weeks... ever since my boyfriend got really sick 2 weeks ago, tonight... I have been feeling so anxious about the whole V* thing.
    In the time we were together almost 6 years, that is the FIRST time he got so sick with it. Before that it was a year or two before he met me.
    It is like he is not safe now...ya know?? It is like nothing is safe now...do you know what I mean?? I pray every night that he does not get this for many more years again.
    I feel terrified every night before bed since this happened that it is going to happen again.
    Also...I am pregnant.
    I got pregnant unexpectedly. I am 3 months. We were planning on having children, once married with a house and all...but I didnt think it would happen like this!! I was on the pill.
    For a while..I was sooo excited, as was he... but since he got sick like that..I am nothing but terrified of having a child now.
    They are not sick all the time I know.. They are more healthy than sick right?? I do not want to live my life in fear that my kids will be sick.
    I am thinking back to all my nieces and nephews....especially my nieces I used to live near...I can recall only like twice the times they V*.. They are now 18 and 21.
    All grown up..that fast. Then I think..ooh hope time flies until they can take care of themselves if they v*. UGH...but I do not want time to fly so fast either.

If I could not be near my bf when he was so ill.....how am I supposed to help my child when they are sick??
    Also...if in the future they do get sick..then it will be nothing but a chain reaction fearing HE will get sick...if he goes near it...I also know how good I clean and bleach..so I would be the one dealing with it.
    I have just been so down. I hate living in this fear that he will get sick again...and now I cannot relax..because I know a year from now..I will have a baby!!
    I feel so sad...
    I PRAY every night that he wont get sick like that again for a long time and that my child will NOT be a V* er. Like their mom! (I only did it twice as a child).
    Is there anyone out there tonight??

Default Re: Feeling down...and anxious.

sorry that you're having such a rough time right now......it can be very scary when our mates are sick......but i think you've been lucky and avoided it since it's been two weeks.......

i can't give any advice about the children part as i've never had any........i'm sure some of the moms on here will be able to give you some good advice and comfort......

hope everything turns around for you soon.......and you can really start enjoying getting ready for the baby
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Feeling down...and anxious.

Thanks for responding Olschesky.... I am always nervous I am going to catch it..especially this year. I just pray so hard I dont...I pray even harder that my boyfriend does not catch it again..that would be even worse for me to deal with.
    I hope I start getting excited again...maybe when the nice weather comes in a few months.