Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Nervous because i ate dinner.

Hey guys, just Sophie again. Im nervous because i ate dinner just not too long ago. Its approx. 10:00PM and i ate about 10 minutes ago now im nervous i might throw up. I always get anxiety about throwing up at night. Its still bad to throw up during the day but it feels 10x worse if i do it at night for some reason..

Anyway, I think me thinking about it too much and the anxiety is making me feel slightly nervous... If it gets worse, my anxiety attacks are gonna start and im home alone right now.

Its not possible to choke on throw up right? (im not drunk or anything) just scared I don't want to die. When will i digest? I ate rice and a little bit of spam and soup (kimchee soup)

Default Re: Nervous because i ate dinner.

sorry i meant "Anyway, I think me thinking about it too much and the anxiety is making me feel slightly nauseas"

I'm sure you'll be fine You're very unlikely to choke on vomit if you're not drunk, and if you're conscious I don't think you'll be sick just because you ate.

I find that if I'm hungry at night and I *DON'T* eat I'm way more likely to wake up a few hrs after I fall asleep with an upset and acidy belly, than if I eat a little something to keep my stomach busy while I sleep!

oh my gosh!!! wargerbil i knowww! same with me.. when i eat dinner, i always end up waking up with bad nausea or acid reflux like problem. Which is why i never ever EVER eat dinner anymore so i can avoid those risks.

thanks Kaydee I didnt throw up or anything and you made me feel a lot better. i seriously am so scared of puking due to the thought of choking ]: i cant even swallow small pills...

Oh, I have trouble swallowing some pills, too. And like I said, it's really unlikely that you're going to choke on vomit unless you're drunk or unconscious. I'm glad you're fine though

Quote Originally Posted by sophiee View Post
    oh my gosh!!! wargerbil i knowww! same with me.. when i eat dinner, i always end up waking up with bad nausea or acid reflux like problem. Which is why i never ever EVER eat dinner anymore so i can avoid those risks.

thanks Kaydee I didnt throw up or anything and you made me feel a lot better. i seriously am so scared of puking due to the thought of choking ]: i cant even swallow small pills...
    You read that wrong -- I do eat dinner because if I go to bed with an empty stomach then the acid and nausea is worse because it's all just bouncing around with nothing to do! I typically have to eat dinner late too, well, up until Friday which was my last day at my job, I usually worked 11:30-7:30, so didn't eat dinner until like 8:30. My new job starts next week and it's 11-7, so I should get dinner a wee bit earlier, but not much. I don't like to eat a few hours before I go to sleep because I understand it's not awesome for digestion, but sometimes it's unavoidable and I hate waking up shaky and sweating and stuff from low blood sugar!!

Quote Originally Posted by wargerbil View Post
    You read that wrong -- I do eat dinner because if I go to bed with an empty stomach then the acid and nausea is worse because it's all just bouncing around with nothing to do! I typically have to eat dinner late too, well, up until Friday which was my last day at my job, I usually worked 11:30-7:30, so didn't eat dinner until like 8:30. My new job starts next week and it's 11-7, so I should get dinner a wee bit earlier, but not much. I don't like to eat a few hours before I go to sleep because I understand it's not awesome for digestion, but sometimes it's unavoidable and I hate waking up shaky and sweating and stuff from low blood sugar!!
    congratulations im so happy for your new job [: Well.. its been a few days since i've been on here and what not but yea, i still dont eat dinner and my mom is starting to get suspicious with me. She doesn't understand what emetaphobia is ]: Anyway, everynight i have to watch disney channel just to keep the nausea out of my thoughts.. ughh