Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I really hate this emet stuff. I try very hard to change my thinking. I hate this time of year. It is like I am just waiting for someone in my family to get a stomach virus. My dh tells me "I have better things to think about than that. I'd rather v** than have a cold for a week." NOT ME! I try to tell myself if I get sick, I get sick. My 6 yo ds worries about it too. Thanks to me! There is not ONE day that goes by that I dont worry.

I went to a company meeting yesterday and the girl 2 seats down from me was sick Sunday into Monday. I am like....OMG AM I GOING TO GET IT! I will worry all weekend.

I know it is running rampant...I have not head of it in my area YET! I know it will because it seems that it does every year.

When I was a little girl I NEVER worried about this. I have been like this for about 5 yrs! I hate it and really want it to stop because I feel so miserable all the time.

Thanks for listening.![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I know how you feel. This phobia can make life hell for us. It's like we can't escape our own bodies or minds and that's what we want escape from the most.

I wish your husband understood.... I don't think mine knows just how bad it is, it's so tough to explain to a non emet.

I have to say I am happy that the bug isn't in your area, that is good news to me because I feel as if it's all around, but maybe it isn't in every corner of the country. Just keep vigilant on your hygeine and stay healthy. That's all you can do. Teach your son to wash his hands, that sort of thing....

About sitting down the row from someone who was ill earlier in the week... you should be fine. Yesterday would have been 3 days after she was ill, so you should be safe just being by her. I'm extra cautious though with eating and sharing things with people... like the phone, pencils, etc. If you didn't do any of those things, I think you're safe.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I did not share anything with her. There was only one bathroom but of course I did not sit on the toilet and washed my hands like crazy. She acted fine. She was eating normally. I hope I dont get it. I talked to her and walked out of the building with her. Hopefully I am safe!!

I did wake up with a terrible stomach ache yesterday. No diarrhea or v**. I felt so full last night and could not eat (or would not eat). I thought I was getting it (not from lady though.

I know that it everywhere though.That is why I am just waiting for it come my way! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

I have tried talking to my husband and he does listen but does not understand. He thinks it is funny. A*****E!