Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default weird commercial!

Has anyone seen that commercial about whooping cough with that mom holding the baby and its like coughing to death?! That commercial is so scary! It always makes me think the baby is going to v* everywhere and it scares me! Does it scare anyone else?

Default Re: weird commercial!

That commercial makes me think "I should ask my midwife if I need a whooping cough vaccine before I get pregnant..." I have my vax records from when I was a kid and I went through the whole series, but I'm not entirely clear on if that commercial is saying you need boosters as adults, or if it's targeting people who were never vaxed.
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

that commercial is creepy and sad....around here they're saying that adults need to get the vax or you can give whooping cough to your baby...just by holding them! i guess it's very contagious

Quote Originally Posted by socitycourty View Post
    that commercial is creepy and sad....around here they're saying that adults need to get the vax or you can give whooping cough to your baby...just by holding them! i guess it's very contagious
    I think by having the disease... holding them.. AND coughing all over them!!
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

it is highly contagious and adults do need a booster.