Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi there,</span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    <br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    The past
    hours, I've Googled my ass off looking for emetophobics with vertigo,
    but either no emetophobic has ever experienced or written about that,
    or I'm using the wrong search-terms. </span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    I've
    been an emetophobic as long as I can remember. My mom says that even as
    a toddler, I was kind of hysteric every time I had to v*. </span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    My phobia has had a huge impact on my life, up to the point where, at age 19, I became (and still am) agoraphobic (I'm 27 now). </span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    Last month, I was diagnosed with 'possible MS'.</span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    Among my symptoms are loss of vision, paraesthesia and - oh joy - dizziness.</span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    The latter presents itself as constantly feeling lightheaded, or having spells of 'travel sickness'. </span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    Only
    difference with the real travel sickness is: I can't just get out of
    the car. It's literally all in my head, and it terrifies the hell out
    of me. </span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    During
    these spells, every movement makes the spinning and n* worse, and
    the only thing I can do is wait and suck lemon wedges. I haven't
    v* (yet), but I'm constantly panicking which, besides being
    exhausting, doesn't benefit my health.</span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    I was wondering: is anyone of you diagnosed with MS, or some other condition that can cause vestibular disorders?</span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    Does anyone of you have a suggestion on how to cope with this dizziness and n*?</span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    I tried cinnarizine, but that didn't help much.</span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    Since tranquilizers only make the dizziness worse, that isn't really an option.</span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    Also, I
    would like to know if anyone of you has a (chronic) disease that
    requires medication or hospitalization, and how you deal with that.</span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    Thanks for reading.</span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    Puck</span></font>

try fresh ginger, either peel and chew it or make a tea of it. Also try Black Horehound; see an herbalist and get a tincture of it. It is used for nausea related to the nervous system rather than actual stomach nausea. Those two things might help some. I know the ginger will for sure, if at least temporarily.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.

Blac.. right..</span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    Do you have some sort of generic name for that..?</span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    I don't think Dutch drugstores know what this is..</span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    Thanks, though!</span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    I have ginger in the house, I'll certainly try that.</span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    For
    everyone posting and reading here: I didn't really read much on this
    site - partly because of my bad vision, partly because I really didn't
    want to read about anyone else's fears, since everytime I do that, my
    own anxiety gets triggered, and my 'panic-defenses' are very low at the
    moment. </span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    Had I read some more, I would have known that it's common use to write *-s instead of - well: all the really scary words. </span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    Sorry if I have triggered </span>your</span> anxiety, by using complete, uncensored words.</span><br style="font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    I've replaced the words with *-s, now.</span></font>

Can you get your MD to prescribe something like Phenergan? It's an anti-nausea medication that is also a strong antihistimine, it helps a lot with inner ear stuff. Edited by: ChippedAway

How are you feeling now, Puck? Better I hope!