Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Date night..help!

My boyfriend and i want to go to a movie because stupid me was the one who asked because i was feeling confident but now im so afraid to go..i feel really sick and nauseous right now. i think i might be agoraphobic....

And plus movie theater!...greasy popcorn and being trapped in a crowded theater...i dont think i can do it. he knows about my problem but still..

And stupid me ate out today and thats all i can think about and what if i caught something and it isnt anxiety but real..

Default Re: Date night..help!

Why does the popcorn matter? Easy, don't eat it! it costs too much anyway

And do you really want to sit at home? Again? It's important to go out with your boyfriend and if you just relax you will have fun. Go at a time it's not super busy. I am always way more relaxed in a non-crowded theatre. If it helps, sit towards the back and on the aisle seat.

I think you should go and not let this get in the way. I'm sure you're fine.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”