Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default scared, very anxious :(

Hi, everyone and thanks in advance for all of your support.

I've been having a great winter this year and by that I mean that my anxiety has been relatively low. I've been going to therapy for a while now so I guess that's helping. Today though I had a very bad setback and I need some kind words

Last night I had some d* only once and it wasn't that bad. I assumed it was because I had an egg salad sandwich and an iced cappuccino that I usually don't drink (my body isn't very used to caffeine and that much dairy at once). I was quite anxious but managed to get through.

This morning I was told that two people that my boyfriend lives with were v*ing last night. I wasn't at his house last night but I was there from Saturday night to Sunday afternoon. I know you can't catch anything unless you come in direct contact with it, but I'm still very upset.

Could I just be overreacting? I've been shaky and anxious all day

Default Re: scared, very anxious :(

Don't feel bad. You are doing better than most of us considering you have had a good winter. Most of us have been panic stricken from the second the first stomach flu went around in late September/October haha. You are doing great. Since you weren't around the guys that were sick the night they got sick or after I figure you will be fine. I'm sure your bout with D* was from Dairy. Dairy messes me up every time I have it and I end up sick just like that. Rest assured you probably are not getting sick

Default Re: scared, very anxious :(

Thank you for the help! I keep having moments where I think "no, there's no way I could be sick with the same thing" and then other moments I'll have this horrible panic that I definitely have the exact same thing. It's really hard but I'm glad I have this community to help me through.

Also the two people who were sick got sick at the same time and on the same day, so could it have maybe been food poisoning rather than a virus? My boyfriend was at home today and said that both of them are perfectly fine now...
    Last edited by goatiful; 02-08-2011 at 02:51 PM.