Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Washing hands?

Default Washing hands?

Do you guys wash your hands before touching your face or eating even at home?
    I only wash my hands before eating when im out and just when i get home..but now i feel paranoid that i could track germs in on me other than my hands so i freak out even at home when i touch my face before washing my hands..

Default Re: Washing hands?

i wash my hands when I'm out and when I'm home! Probably because i work in a nursing home ( bad place for a emet to work i know) And i am around a ton of germs ! even though i shower as soon as i get home i still wash my hands B i eat! Plus i have two children and i love them more then life itself but, lets face it they carry allot of germs and touch alot of things in our house .Its just not possible for me to Lysol everything they touch every time they touch it !!!!

I wash my hands before I eat, after I go to the bathroom and when I've been touching animals, or something dirty, and I feel that it's enough for me. I've never had a stomach virus or anything, so it must be enough

I wash my hands when I get home, before preparing/eating food, after using the bathroom, and when they are dirty (like when I've been gardening or changing litter boxes). That's really it, and if I'm home, and washed them when I got home, I don't necessarily wash them before grabbing a snack or something, unless my husband is sick cause he never washes his hands so I have to compensate.
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

The only time I definitely wash my hands is after using the bathroom. I don't usually think to wash them before I eat. I do wash them if I have touched something dirty or animals or something like that. I also haven't v* since 1984 and I am an elementary school music teacher.
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Same here, I wash after going to the bathroom. I often forget to wash before I have my snack at work (which is bad since I work in a school) but always visit the bathroom as soon as I get in from work before having lunch, so I kill two birds with one stone! I wash my hands if they're visibly dirty, though don't bother after stroking my dog. I mean, he leaves his hairs everywhere anyway! Oh, and at work I use moisturiser with antibacterial stuff in a couple of times a day, since their soap is cheap and hurts my hands. I don't sanitise at home, just wash.