Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default stomach bug going around!

Seems like everywhere i go lately i hear that someone has or has had the stomach bug . Its even been on the news they say that its going around really bad ! I took my child to the Dr she had a fever and sore throat Dr kept asking if her tummy hurt. I said no why? She said oh we have a stomach bug going around really bad! So I'm freaking i totally do not want to leave my house . don't wanna work , go to the store nothing. I no i have to go out so i do and just take extra precautions but, this is driving me nuts! Is it just me or does it seem that the stomach bug is going around more and more these days? I know Ive been hearing about it for months and the min i think pheww its passed. Wrong Someone else says they have had it uggggg! I'm freaking also because Ive heard some people say this is the 2ND or 3rd time they have it ! Ive not had a stomach bug in awhile(knock on wood) I'm freaking what if my luck is running out and I'm coming up on my turn

Default Re: stomach bug going around!

I got rid of a stomach bug around a month ago but it lasted for around 3 weeks! i Swear ever night i would pray to god hoping i wouldn't throw up.. Don't worry about it, just keep your body and hands very clean, drink orange juice, be careful of what you eat or who you share body fluids with for now (due to the stomach bug going around) and try not to stress about it because your brain is what controls the body. [: good luck and ill be praying for you

I know exactly how you feel. I feel the exact same way and I never want to go out but I force myself to go and still attempt to have a good time or go to work or whatever. It's hard going to church too because everyone shakes hands and hugs and stuff but I can't not go either so I go and hope for the best. Its been a while since I've had it too so I'm really nervous that this might be my year to get it and I get totally freaked out every time someone says they had it. I have quite a few people in my office that have had it this week and it freaks me out because they all came back the very next day and they are handing me paperwork and stuff and I'm just uber paranoid that I'm going to get it from them. Ugh I hate this phobia.

I'm terrified of this. Two people that I know were sick with something, not sure if it was food poisoning or an actual sv* but it still scares me just the same. I haven't heard of anything on the news where I live so maybe it's just very isolated cases? I wasn't aware that there was anything actually going around so much so that it would be mentioned.

I work in a nursing home While none of our residents have any sv lately alot of the employees and there children have! I feel sometimes like i should walk around with a mask on because i just don't wanna catch it! I ask my kids all the time if anyone has threw up in there class(drives them nuts) They always tell me though not knowing that makes me panic! Then if they say a few kids have been sick i have to make myself send them to school! Our news always reports on what is going around from regular flue to strep to sv just what ever happens to be going around! They did mention just a few nights ago that the sv was going around and lasting 24 to 48 hours. So of course i start to panic. I'm very good at talking myself into being sick ! hate that i do that but do not no how to stop it!Thank ya all for chatting with me on the matter!

Ewww in the news...where do you live? I started panicking because i got a recording from my daughter school saying its going around bad!!!

I live w.v. I get those calls from the school sometimes thats usually when i start freaking! I think well if the school thinks its bad enough to call and inform me maybe i should keep my kids home for a few days! But my oldest child works hard to get perfect attendance which is less then 3 days the whole school year so i don't wanna mess that up for her because I'm freaking!