Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Just bought some chicken from the store

Those chickens that are already cooked in the rotisserie. It's late at night so I know the chicken has been sitting around for a bit. But I'm hungry. I just looked at the chicken and some parts of it are hardened like it's been sitting in the warmer for awhile. I just paid for it but now I'm afraid to eat it. I hate the idea of wasting food. I don't want to throw it out because I know mostly like it's fine, but if I eat it I'm going to be paranoid all night that I'm going to wake up vomiting.

God I hate this phobia. If that was anyone else I know, they would've just eaten and thought nothing about it. A facebook buddy the other day said he was food poisoned from a chicken burrito and had to go into every grotesque detail of exactly what happened to him. Now I'm paranoid.
    Last edited by mooki; 02-09-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Default Re: Just bought some chicken from the store

I've bought those chickens often, at different times of the day, and never had a problem.

You're hungry, eat the chicken and enjoy it. You'll be fine. If you throw out what you know in your heart is a perfectly good chicken, you'll just be reinforcing your fear. Take a leap of faith and do the opposite of what your fear tells you to do. You can do it. "Feel the fear and do it anyway".

I did eat it, and never got sick.

That's awesome! You did something that you were slightly uncomfortable doing, and challenged the fear. Congratulations

ahhh the those chickens are sooo good! I usually check to see what time they came out of the oven...most places will have it marked somewhere on them.
    You know who has the best and most fresh ones?? Costco!!