Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Lexapro make anyone else soooo sleepy

I take it after breakfast, and i am sooooo tired all day, and i have a newborn and a 7 year old...anything you can do about it? It works great, but i cant be this sleepy all day. Thanks

Default Re: Lexapro make anyone else soooo sleepy

You know, ive been extremely tired lately as well, and i just recently started taking lexapro, i didnt think anything of it, but that could be it.

Besides being sleepy has been helping you? I am considering going back on meds again and was looking for something to take
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

In all honesty, ive been taking lexapro for about 2 and a half months. Maybe 3.
    I started at 10, and about 3 weeks ago got upped to 20mg, and honestly, it helps my mood, but not so much my anxiety. Everyone's different of course, but ive had no luck with my anxiety being treated just yet.

I take mine at night, so that it helps me sleep, because when I WAS taking it in the morning, I'd feel so sleepy all day. Is it possible you can switch to taking it at night. I've heard it will either make your mind work overtime, or it'll make you tired. A nurse at a hospital told me that when I went for CBT. I want to trust her :P

Good idea, ill try it at night! Yes it has helped my anxiety alot! I took away my ocd, and it took my anxiety from a 10 everyday to about a 4, big improvement! I am also doing cbt.

Hows the CBT working for you? I'm loving it, I'm benifiting so much from it

Oh my gosh its only my 5th visit coming up, and its helping so much!! My daughter is sick as we speak, not sure with what yet...fever and headache so far, but im pretty calm and taking care of her, and im able to use some stuff i have learned.

Oh, that's awesome! My next session will be my 4th session, and i know what you mean, I'm finding myself less anxious all the time. Just in daily life. It's so incredible what the mind can do with a little help. Oh, and I hope your daughter feels much better soon! Being sick with any kind of bug sucks, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it's nothing stomach related!

Doesnt seem to be...she has eaten, and slept, and says she feels okay, just a low fever, i dont know what it is.

Stupid question...but what is CBT?

My general MD recently started me on it (to exclude anxiety from the possible causes for some symptoms I've been experiencing). I took it for about a week and was incredibly sleepy every day that week - which is definitely a problem when you have to function at work. It also made me n*, which I headed off after the first day or two by taking Zantac with the Lexapro in the morning. I quit taking it after that trial week - I simply can't function when I'm that sleepy - almost felt hungover! Funny thing, a few years ago I was on Lexapro for probably 1 1/2-2 years for depression, and don't remember it causing such sleepiness or n*... strange!

ccaassiiee - CBT is cognitive behavioral therapy - Google it for an overview, I can't really explain how it works or the theories behind it. :-)

Take it at night I take mine every night at 9. it doesn't make me sleepy, but I sure wish it did! I have a heck of time falling asleep.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

My Zoloft gave me insomnia at first but now it makes me suuuuper sleepy. I missed my dose last night and my mom's like "Take it before school!" I refused because I knew I would fall asleep in class LOL. It's totally normal, so don't worry, anti-depressants/anxiety meds are known to either give you insomnia or make you sleepy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."