Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Please please help

Today I woke up feeling fine so I made me two pieces of toast and ate but I didn't end up finishing my second piece (I thought nothing of it) my stomach was making weird loud noises and I ended up needing to go toilet and I had a little bit of D. Then at lunch time I went to visit my friends at school and they gave me some cookies and stuff because of valentines day, and I didn't to be rude so I ate them even though I wasn't hungry and my stomach felt really funny (not in a good way). When I got home I drank tons of water cause it was so hot outside. And I then I made me some dinner about 4 or 5 hours ago and forced myself to eat most of it. And now I feel horrible I tried sleeping but felt really nauseas and my stomach is still making noises. Im to scared to sleep EVERY time I try to lie down I feel nauseas and then I get scared. Please help I feel scared my dad tries to understand and says things he thinks will help but he doesn't know what its like living in constant fear every night.

Default Re: Please please help

Could it just be reflux, or maybe something you ate didn't agree with you. I think you'll be fine. Try propping yourself up on some pillows and sleep like that. You might wake up with a bit of a sore neck, but at least you might get some sleep Hope you feel better soon!

i hate days like that where you just feel "off." i think youll be fine and wont be sick. i get days just like that it sounds so familier an night time is harder to with when you feel unwell. do you have a tv in your room? if so put it on or listen to some soft music. anything to try and distract yourself. how bout a gae on fb or something. but i think your o.k. i hate days like those! hope you get some sleep
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

I would agree, you're probably fine, but just try and distract yourself. It sounds really stupid but if I feel really bad I walk in a fixed route round and round in the same direction over and over until I feel better. Sometimes the walking itself means you burn off the calories if the feeling is fullness and sometimes the focus on walking and the repetitiveness means you're distracted from the feeling. It may look odd to people around you, but it's worth a try and has helped me many nights at uni when I've felt ill. Otherwise I can recommend simultaneously listening to music or having the TV on so you can listen to the words. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ellenlen23 View Post
    I would agree, you're probably fine, but just try and distract yourself. It sounds really stupid but if I feel really bad I walk in a fixed route round and round in the same direction over and over until I feel better. Sometimes the walking itself means you burn off the calories if the feeling is fullness and sometimes the focus on walking and the repetitiveness means you're distracted from the feeling. It may look odd to people around you, but it's worth a try and has helped me many nights at uni when I've felt ill. Otherwise I can recommend simultaneously listening to music or having the TV on so you can listen to the words. Good luck!
    I do this, actually. one night when I was feeling particularly bad and nervous I walked circles around my livingroom for HOURS, because every time I stopped the nerves came back. Eventually I wore myself out and whatever I was feeling off about went away! I'm glad to know i'm not the only one!

awww hon I know those nights all to well! I think your fine too, it probably was just a simple loose bm that got you started this morning, then you got a little nervous over that, then the cookies (sometimes sweets can just give you a bit of reflux or indigestion) and that makes you more nerovous and before you know it you have a full blow stomach ache! I know how that feels! I think proping yourself up and distracting yourself is the best thing to do.

I have had nights when I have had to get up sit in my recliner watch tv and go on my laptop to discract myself until it passes. Have you tried taking something for it like tums or a gravol?

I use Beno or gas-x when I eat a meal especially if I think i'm having one of my off days and ntohing is going to agree with me no matter what it is I find the digestive enzyms of the Beno help me digest the food and help the bloating and gas.

hope you feel better soon hon