Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Mubarak Has Stepped Down!!!

I am SO excited!!!! I know this is super OT, but I had to share it with you all. I got to watch Vice President Suleman announce that President Mubarak had waived his position.

I don't know if anybody has been paying attention to the revolution that has been going on in Egypt, but it's been 18 days of protesting in Egypt that has finally led to such a glorious climax of events.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Mubarak Has Stepped Down!!!

"Like".
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Finally the protests have ended!....I think? x

Quote Originally Posted by JustLacey View Post
    Finally the protests have ended!....I think? x
    Probably not. Mubarak stepping down is a giant victory, but the Egyptians still have to get a government in place. Mubarak strategically appointed a vice president who was a military general. As the military is in control of the country right now, that was the perfect move to set up another Mubarak-style regime. If things tend to head in that direction, protests will most likely continue until they can completely eradicate the current government and vote in a whole new set of people. They want a real democracy, not a dictatorship disguised as one.

asianeko,

My sentiments exactly. The world is going to have to wait and see what happens. Will Egypt have a democracy or a fundametalist religious regime?

Iran in 1979. The Russian Revolution. In both instances, the "people" wanted a more democratic regime. We know what they got.

I wonder when is the last time Mubarak has had noro? Lol..jk

@Stella: Yup, I agree completely. The Egyptians do have the advantage of seeing how these past government changes went, and those who fought for their freedom don't want a religious regime. Could it go either way? Of course it can. But I really think the Egyptian people will not settle for anything but what their eyes are set on.

@Mooki: LOL!!! There is rumors that he is very ill right now, but nothing has been confirmed. Some people think he is dying of cancer, some people say he's bedridden. But who really knows? I'm sure LOTS of trash talk is going around