Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Smile Glad to find this website!

Hi everyone. So pleased to find this website! Thanks for setting it up! I'm 24, and suffered with this for as long as I can remember. Have tried to have CBT before, but stopped going after a couple of sessions (I know I shouldn't have!). I'm starting some new sessions this Saturday so hopefully it will help! Will let you know how I get on.

I've had a bit of a panic tonight, so finding this site and reading everyone's stories has helped take my mind off myself! Was feeling really nauseas earlier, and took some Pepto Bismol, but it didn't seem to help. Luckily, it's starting to pass now. Because I was having a panic, that made me have bad acid (as I suffer from acid reflux), which made the nausea worse! It's always a catch-22 situation when it's like that.

I started yoga last week, so hopefully that will help when I have panic attacks. Anyone else got any good suggestions?

Default Re: Glad to find this website!

Hi, welcome to the club. It is definitely reassuring to find there are others like you who have similar thoughts and fears. You are off to a good start by trying out treatments and trying out yoga...hopefully that will help. I have suffered since early childhood and I'm now 29. I wish I had a suggestion for you but I am still trying to find what will work for me. Some days, months, years are better then others and this phobia can hide out for a while and then come out swinging. I hope you find a happy place that helps you become comfortable with your daily life. Good luck and welcome.

i love my computer, tv and car. i go for a nice drive when im feeling panicky nd nauses or come onto this website. glad to know your handling it well. welcome!!
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Welcome and omg the acid reflux thing I can totally relate to and it SUCKS. :/
    This too, shall pass