Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Please help me ! Freaking out... :(

Hey... I woke up around 5 pm... Was up all night, and now it's 8
    When I first woke up I immidietly had to run to the bathroom because I had the run (Sorry, tmi)
    Now... a few hours have passed, my stomach is starting to feel kinda upset... But it started right after I started to worry about getting sick... Now I was wondering... Can someone scare themselves into feeling sick when they're emetophobic? I'm also kinda a hypochondriac... Now for the past few days i've been getting some abdominal pains too... My mom says I have IBS... Could this be what bugging me?? please help, i'm very scared !!!

Default Re: Please help me ! Freaking out... :(

aww so sorry you are feeling like that. I'm not sure if this is true (scientifically that is) but I believe that you can make yourself ill in teh sense that if you think you're sick and worry about being sick you feel sick. I knwo for me it's true anyway, If i get d* even if it's just period, or ibs related I get worried and feel sick in the tummy. Usually I try to distract myself and oddly enough I have found that if I can disctract myself I don't feel sick anymore so I know it's all in my head. Sometimes it works trying to distract myself and sometimes it doesn't it all depends on how i'm feeling in which case taking an anti-emetic usually helps me.

But yes I do belive you can make yourself feel sick. Sounds like you might have IBS it would be a good idea to see your doctor.

You are going to be just fine! I highly doubt you will be sick at all probably either ibs or just something youa ate that gave you the runs. Just try to distract yourself with a book, tv, music, internet etc..

Hope you feel better soon

Default Re: Please help me ! Freaking out... :(

I think the stress from constant worry may lower you immune system but I don;t know if thinking about it can actually give you sv*-however when I am worried liek when my daughter or boyfriend have a SV* (like now) I feel as tho I have it even if I may not.