Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Oh my god Im so scared of getting food poisoning!! My workmate got food poisoning last thursday after eaten sushi, she is that kind of a person who has an extremely sensetive stomach (last 5 months she have had stomach bug 3 times and food poisoning 2 times). She get sick from just about anything.

Anyway, she told me, and remeber this is a person who is used to pjuking alot, that it was the worse experience sheŽd ever had. She layd on the floor screaming and crying after an ambulance so she could get to the hospital, she was pjuking non-stop for 2 days and she couldnt eat or drink at all, it all came up. ( This was not at work so you all know, she was at home so luckily I did not witness it.

Im so scared, I will be even more careful what I eat after that story.

love//
    eh!!

She is right. It's horrible. I didn't cry when I had food
    poisoning, but only because I didn't have the energy. I was only
    sick for 6 hours, but it happened like 10 times!! It was not
    fun. But it's not easy to get food poisoning. And you
    normally don't get it from the food itself, but from contaminated
    surfaces. Just like the way you pick up stomach bugs. Food
    gets cooked, and it kills the bacteria. But if counters, knives,
    and even dish towels are not cleaned properly, the bacteria can
    spread. Even food poisoning outbreaks in restaraunts are mostly
    from not cleaning well. You don't have to worry. My parents
    are both 50, and neither one has ever had food poisoning, and I only
    got it once. If you are going out to eat, try going to a
    restaurant that is a chain, that you know is clean. And after
    cooking at home...bleach, bleach, bleach!! You will be ok.
    Please don't let this scare you into not enjoying eating. Carrie

I agree with Roxi27... most actual food posioning... as in salmonella or ecoli... etc... is caused by lack of proper cooking and cleaning on the part of the restaurant and not on the food actually being spoiled. When my little brother got salmonella he didn't realize, unfortunately, until long after he'd been sick that the guy who cooked his chicken stir fry put the raw chicken in with tongs, stirred it with a spatula and then used the exact same tongs (still contaminated with raw chicken) to pull it out. It wasn't a matter of the chicken not being cooked properly because no one else got sick and his friend who got his meal just seconds before David, with the same exactchickenwas fine because the guy that cooked his used the clean spatula to get his out of the skillet. David was simply the unlucky one because his chicken got recontaminated.

The poor kid was sick nearly every 5-10 minutes for HOURS and the doctors in the emergency room at one of the best known hospitals in the U.S.said they hadn'tseen a case of salmonella there in many years... it was horrible. But most places precook their chicken anyway so that they don't handle raw chicken at all and now, because of my brother, his cafeteria has to do the same.

That and I think anyone who chances it with sushi (which of course we all knowis RAW fish) is nutso anyways. I'm not eating any animal raw... period! Bacteria breeds on dead things so why wouldn't it breed on raw fish! David is a prime example of the fact that it only takes a simple matter of thouroughly cooking something to kill the bacteria. He got sick and his friend didn't... all meat has bacteria... you just have to cook it enough to kill it!

~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown