Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Emet - more common than we thought

I was listening to a bbc radio 1 show on monday and they do random polls where they ask a few members of the public strange questions. Today they asked about 4 people what they were most scared of and one girl came straight out and said v* - herself and others. The dj then added that the shows producer also hated it and it must be quite a common phobia. Dont know why but it kinda helped to know he wasnt making fun of us and it helped make me feel less like a freak than normal, not that Id wish this phobia on anybody. Just thought it would be nice to share this snippet of information with you all!

Default Re: Emet - more common than we thought

A couple of websites would have us believe that it's within the top ten most common phobias, but I'm not so sure, but I do think that there are a LOT of people who just don't seek help for it, or don't admit to having it, so no-one knows about it. A girl in my class a while ago did a presentation on 'uncommon phobias' and she listed phobia's of clowns, technology, etc, and then at the end was emet. She totally made fun of it and I ran out of the room crying. She was absolutely awful about it. I'm glad there are non-emets who can be nice, and mature and understanding