Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default acid reflux help???

It's the beginning of the third month into my depo provera shot (birth control) as you see from previous posts ive had a lot of gastro upset from this...A LOT. a few weeks ago i woke up with the burning feeling in my throat. took some pepto and fell back asleep. was n* for a few days period ended and it was over.. starting last night i felt that burning feeling again took tums and a benadryl and fell fast asleep at like 2am. at 5am i woke up with burning and it feels like acid is just sitting in my throat. i took more tums and fell asleep on the couch till 7...got back in bed and slept till 11 was hungry but not starving. i ate chocolate my bf got me for vday... it was so good.. i ate like 8 pieces!!! and fell back asleep till like 1pm. i wasnt hungry but didnt feel sick just felt gassy and sleepy. i went out and got some malox. i was hungry after i took that.. tummy rumbling etc. my bf took me out for japanese food i ate an ginger based salad chicken terriaki miso soup; i felt fine after. nice and full but not too full.. got home was still hungry, rumbling in my tummy, but not starving my throat hurts from the acid. i ate a cookie and some cheeze its. acid came back took more malox...and am not n* at all just hate this burning feeling...what is causing this??? period, food, acid reflux, birth control, sv*?????????

Default Re: acid reflux help???

It's not a sv* but you sound like you have acid reflux. I would talk to your doctor and tell him how bad it's feeling. There are a few things you've been eating that will upset acid reflux more like chocolate, cookies, cheese and spicy foods. Until you see your doc and get on some good meds that will help try to stay away from foods that trigger acid reflux just google "foods that trigger acid reflux" (it wont let me post a link RRR!!! lol)
    Hope you feel better soon, for a few days try to stay away from acid reflux foods and take some over the counter acid reflux meds just to give your throat a rest the constant buring from the acid is not good for you.

hope that helps (I suffer from AR as well and it stinks!)

are you in the us?? what do you recommend to help it subside?? how is it diagnosed?

I'm in Canada. My doc diagnosed it based on my symptoms and gave me some meds, I tried them and they were ok but not great, I went back and he tried another med and that one was amazing!!! so it's a bit of trial adn error. I use tums, peptobismal (sp) and if it's really bad I'll take the tums adn a gravol the main key is staying away from foods that cause it, and I make it a golden rule to NOT have any trigger foods after lunch. I try to make sure my dinner won't hurt me and if there is going to be some trigger foods at dinner I try to eat by 5pm (i go to bed at around 11 or so) nad then after dinner i DO NOT EVER EVER eat anything that will trigger acid reflux. It's not always 100% but most nights I'm ok and I just keep telling myself I won't v* it's just reflux.
    hope that helps hon

I had acid reflux since I was 12 due to a tear in my esophagus and it was a nightmare for me as an emetophobe. I wa constantly in complete terror thinking I would puke. I feel your pain I would live off tums and gaviscon and anything to calm my "n".

I have been taking a prescription acid reflux pill my aunt gave me called rantodine and it really helPs.

Erm, I really wouldn't take anything that was prescribed for somebody else. Either stick to OTC meds, or if that isn't enough, go to the doctors and get your own prescription. There are reasons why some meds have to be prescribed by a doctor.

Sounds like acid reflux, but I'm not a doctor. Acid reflux is when the acid from your somach backs up into your esophagus. It causes burning in your throat, heartburn, nasty acid taste in mouth and it can even give you a sore throat. I take Pepcid Complete, it is an acid reducer and antacid together. Since I've been taking it I've had less n*. I hope you feel better soon.