Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I thought I was over this...

For the past couple of months my anxiety has gotten significantly better, some days. Some days are good, some not so good. I thought I was handling it pretty well until tonight..I'm wondering if it's just the fact that (sorry for the TMI) I'm due for my period in the next few days or what but my mom was complaining of stomach pains and nausea around 3 this afternoon, she said she'd eaten some chicken parm and pork from a restaurant that used to make her not feel well. We got home, she worked out and felt okay then went to my uncle's to babysit. She just got home and says her stomach still hurts and is very nauseous though she hasn't actually gotten sick. My anxiety level at the moment is at about a 5..I want to believe it's probably what she ate, considering she started not feeling well after lunch as opposed to before and the fact that this restaurant's food used to make her feel ill but there is this little part of me that is ready to fly into panic mode and wonder if she is sick. Part of me keeps telling myself that if it is a virus, the very worst thing that could happen is that I could get it and be sick for a day..doesn't sound as bad when I actually write it out but it doesn't feel that way. I've realized that my biggest fear is getting sick in public/when I'm at school. I don't know why, I really can't ever think of a time this has really happened to me, I usually get sick at night or really early in the morning. Nonetheless I will worry (a little bit) until she is better, I'm hoping that if she doesn't actually get sick, maybe it really was something she ate and it isn't contagious.

Hope this wasn't too much a ramble! Thanks for listening!

Default Re: I thought I was over this...

Well are you yourself feeling ill? if you are and your period is due soon along with anxiety. thats your pretty sure answer.. thats a recipe for feeling lowsey hope you feel better!!!!

usually it's the food if the onset is so sudden. she hasn't gotten sick yet so i really doubt she will! just keep your immune system up with vitamin c and wash your hands! i know how you feel for sure though. don't feel like you've lost just because you are anxious now after having been good for a bit. setbacks will always happen and test us. best of luck with everything though

Thanks for your responses! She didn't actually get sick and says she's pretty sure it was the food and still feels pretty awful..should I be worried?